Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking at the AVIC-F90BT for about a year now wanting it so bad but i bought my mountain bike instead and now i have, well not as much money to blow on fun stuff so now that the 90 is out of my system im looking at this Pioneer DEH-P6100BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com does any one have this unit and have any pros or cons for it or does any one know of a better unit around that price range (nothing much over 300) thanks

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would wait but im SO sick of CD's

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is the other unit i was looking at the pioneer looks like a much nicer cleaner unit with better sound capabilities Jensen VM9213 DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com i know double din would look better but i think i might use that space for a switch panel make it look nice and i really dont want to wait lol

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just dont know if i want amazing sound and bluetooth and ipod controls or the ability to play dvds with a cool looking screen

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Im an idiot to sound system & car audio. What is a double din or whatever you gusy r talking about ???

·
Premium Member
34 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
this is the other unit i was looking at the pioneer looks like a much nicer cleaner unit with better sound capabilities Jensen VM9213 DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com i know double din would look better but i think i might use that space for a switch panel make it look nice and i really dont want to wait lol

I have a friend and also a co-worker that has this unit. They've both had problems with the motor that operates the screen after a year or so.

I have Jensen VM9223 DVD receiver and for the most part I like it.

Few drawbacks: loads CDs S L O W.. Every time you cut power to it (like getting gas and turning off your truck), the volume goes to default 10.. screen is a little difficult to read in direct sunlight. Only 13watts RMS, so there's a good chance it'll need to be amped.

What I like: SD reader up to 8GB and reads FAST. USB input (rear, though) 5 Channel pre-outs.

I'll end up getting another and putting it in my Altima next tax season. I would recommend it to others.

I considered it, but I didn't like the face.

double din is the way to go, I put the Pioneer AVH3100DVD in , it has a USB on the front for a thumb drive. The sound off the drive is so much cleaner than even a cd. It is a dvd also but has Divx too. I download a lot of movies , and you can play them off a cd. I got mine on sale for $399.99 at best buy.

Pioneer - In-Dash Satellite Radio/Apple® iPod®-Ready CD/DVD Deck - AVH-P3100DVD
I liked this one, but was a bit out of my price range when I was shopping. I like the face.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok i was able to take out a family lone (my dads lending me some money) and i decided to go with the unit i wanted in the 1st place so im getting the all new AVIC-X910BT i ordered it yesterday it should be in in the next few days im excited i went out and bought the wiring harness today so i can install it right when i pick it up!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts