421 - 440 of 470 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Lease 3 Yr
2018 4x4 SV Crew Cab Midnight edition
No money down 380 a month 12,000 miles a year

Good deal?
I'm not familiar with how leases work. Do they pay for all maintenance and repairs? I assume you avoid sales tax when you lease. Are there other fees you have to pay?

If it were me I would be figuring out the cost per mile for maintenance, depreciation, and taxes/fees to own vs lease for the first three years (36000 miles) of the vehicle's life. You can ignore insurance, fuel, and licensing costs because you have to pay those whether you own or lease the vehicle.

My 2018 SV's cost out the door was $32,143.02. Kelley Blue Book private party value for a 2015 with similar options, 36k miles, in good condition is $21,156. That's about $.31 per mile for depreciation and taxes/fees.

I don't know what maintenance costs for the Frontier will be, but in the first 36,000 miles of owning my 2009 Honda Accord V6 coupe I spent $1,004 on maintenance. Estimate about $.03 per mile for maintenance on the Frontier just to have a reasonable number to work with.

So to own my Frontier for the first 36,000 miles I think depreciation and maintenance/repairs are going to cost me about $.34 per mile x 36,000 miles = $12,240. To lease will cost you $13,680.

It's only a difference of about $1,400 dollars. That's just an estimate, though. YMMV (literally).

There are other things to consider that are harder to put a dollar amount on. What if you decide you want to take a long road trip that would put you over the mileage limit? Would that make you decide to not take the trip and miss out on the experiences and memories? Do you want to mod/customize the truck? Is it allowed if you lease? Do you tend to keep vehicles for a long time or do you usually buy a new vehicle every few years anyway? Lots of non-monetary variables could affect your decision.

·
45 Posts
I've leased tons of cars, it's good for me cause I only put 8,000 miles on a year. Plus I like to drive new vehicles and not have to pay to fix them. My option to buy if I remember right was like $20,000.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I included MSRP , but left out TTL since that is a local thing. My goal is to pay less than MSRP after TTL. Anything else is gravy. Usually it's either a dealer discount or a decent rebate, but rarely both.

Bought New in Nov2014
1. OTD price (includes all tax & fees): MSRP $27500 , PAID $25000 (before TTL, after $500 rebate)
2. State/Location: LA
3. Year: 2015
4. King (extended) or Crew Cab: Crew
5. 4x2 or 4x4: 4x2
6. Auto or Manual transmission: Auto
7. Class model (Xe, SE, Nismo, etc): SV
8. Engine (4cyl or V6): V6
9. Additional options, packages, or accessories included in price: Value Truck Package, floormats

Bought New in Oct 2018
1. OTD price (includes all tax & fees): MSRP $29555 , PAID $23000 (before TTL, after $3500 rebates)
2. State/Location: MS
3. Year: 2018
4. King (extended) or Crew Cab: Crew
5. 4x2 or 4x4: 4x2
6. Auto or Manual transmission: Auto
7. Class model (Xe, SE, Nismo, etc): SV
8. Engine (4cyl or V6): V6
9. Additional options, packages, or accessories included in price: Value Truck Package, floormats, spashguards

·
Registered
334 Posts
Has anyone bought a 4x2 SV Crew with Value lately? What kind of discounts can I expect off of MSRP?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe Nissan is offering a $1,500 rebate on Frontier during the month of March. I think you can also get $500 if you graduated from college in the last year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
1. OTD price: $31,367.60
2. Asheville, NC
3. 2019
4. Crew Cab
5. 4x4
6. Automatic
7. SV
8. V6
9. Value Truck Package and floor mats included.

OTD price includes $1,500 rebate from Nissan during the month of March.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought my 2019 SV 4x4 with Value Pkg on last business day of June.
MSRP = $33,030.
Price I paid = $ 23,370. (Cash + trade).
Haggled for a week with the Internet sales person before going to the dealership. Negotiated another 1,000 in person but had to walk out of the showroom for 500 of that, then literally drive away about 1/2 mile for the final 500. (They called my cell saying, Okay, we will do your deal if you will come back now). The General Manager threw in a set of all weather mats in addition to letting me keep the carpet mats.

All in all, I was satisfied with the deal.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Has anyone bought a 4x2 SV Crew with Value lately? What kind of discounts can I expect off of MSRP?
greenmachine,

Rebates are changed every month, either taking some away or adding some. Every other month (except twice a year), there are the big rebates. Like $2k or $2500 off. Last time, I got $3500 + dealer discount off. Nissan rebate, loyalty, military.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Haven't bought yet, but I have a sheet in front of me from my closest dealer for the following:

1. $32,035
2. Michigan
3. 2019
4. King
5. 4x4
6. Auto
7. SV
8. V6
9. Value Truck Package and Floor Mats

Based on the prices I'm seeing here, that price needs a lot of work. But this was just an initial quote with zero haggling done.

Seems like most of the good prices are down south. Up here, even the most ragged out rust truck still goes for $5k or more as long as the 4x4 works and it still starts in cold weather. Hell, I saw a dealer asking $15k for a 2010 GMC with half the fenders rusted off.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i bought new on June 29th (last business day of the month)... I don’t know if that really makes any difference like people say.

My MSRP was $33,033. Ended up paying about 80% of MSRP.

This was at a relatively small dealership in Arkansas.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well I have my truck now so I guess I should update. Ended up getting a 2019 PRO-4X with the Premium Package. Paid about $32,500 OTD.

I would have loved to have gotten it for 30, but we don't have very good rebates in this region, so the majority of that reduction was straight dealer discount.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Used 2018's with 20,000 to 30,000 miles are selling for only around $1500 less than what I paid for new. I have always bought used 1 or 2 year old cars. There are lots of new 2019 left on dealer lots around here pro4x's and sv's. I have 6 dealers with in 50 miles or less from where I live

·
Registered
256 Posts
Used 2018's with 20,000 to 30,000 miles are selling for only around $1500 less than what I paid for new. I have always bought used 1 or 2 year old cars. There are lots of new 2019 left on dealer lots around here pro4x's and sv's. I have 6 dealers with in 50 miles or less from where I live
I noticed that as well. All of the used ones by me were obvious rentals, SV without the VTP and with battered interiors. I did pay more to get a PRO-4X of course, but even with the lower rebates in my region, a used SV was only about $3k less than a brand new one with the VTP.

·
Registered
98 Posts
This is why I also bought a new truck... All the used ones I found were rentals and all but one had obviously been smoked in - a deal killer for me.

For an extra 2-3K, I got a brand new one in the color I wanted and zero miles. I intend to keep this truck a long time. My last truck (Ford) was a 17 year old one owner when I sold it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Paid - $27,350 - OTD

Bought in VA -
2019 SV - KC - 4x4 - Auto - V6 - Value Truck Package and Floor Mats
Sounds like a good deal to me!

On a related note, I keep looking up the sales tax in some of these states, and I want to cry. You don't even want to know what I had to give to the state in order to buy my truck, but it was a good chunk of my down payment. :cry:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not sure what other states do, but in my state Arkansas - sales tax on new vehicles is 6.5%. You are given credit for any vehicle you sell or trade within 45 days of the purchase. So as an example if you bought a new car for 26,000 and sold your old one for $4,000 then your tax would be: $1,430.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Paid - $27,350 - OTD

Bought in VA -
2019 SV - KC - 4x4 - Auto - V6 - Value Truck Package and Floor Mats
That is very close to what I paid for mine except mine is a crew cab. This was in December of 2015 though.

421 - 440 of 470 Posts