Nissan Frontier Forum banner
201 - 220 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Oh heck yeah, love some E2MC / E4MC carbs. Binga binga binga.
Yeah, but they're still better than the variable venturi carbs that came on early 80's Crown Vics. The only thing "variable" about them is how long you could keep 'em running!

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Yeah, but they're still better than the variable venturi carbs that came on early 80's Crown Vics. The only thing "variable" about them is how long you could keep 'em running!
Oh wow I'd forgotten about those steamin dung piles. Yeah, terrible terrible "engineering".

Reactions: DanB2019

·
Registered
2007 Frontier XE
26 Posts
1993 Jeep Wrangler YJ

Jeep got me into off-roading but the Nissan platform performs way better on the road, while not losing much capability off road. Also is nice to not get wet when it rains.

·
Registered
'15 SV 4x4, 4.0 V-6, crew cab, short bed
93 Posts
'08 Jeep JK, V6, 6 spd manual tranny. Loved it but just too small for my needs.

Over past 20 years, prior to my current Frontier:
'08 Jeep JK (above)
'12 Ford F150 Super crew
'05 Chev. Colorado crew cab
'04 Chev Tahoe
'97 Jeep Comanche

·
Registered
146 Posts
2010 bmw 335XI.... fun to drive when everything worked as it should however in the 2 years I owned it I had to change the water pump twice because the plastic housing cracked and I was stranded on the side of the road with a flat due to the car not having a spare (they don't come with one). The car didn't have much space and I was getting tired of the hype over German vehicles and their overpriced parts for the garbage they are. Then my insurance randomly surprised me with a 56% increase in rates at renewal due to my model of car being involved in more accidents... lol right, that has nothing to do with my record or my driving. So I changed insurance companies and sold the car

I've had my frontier for 2 years now and have had basically zero issues. The gas mileage sucks but it's worth the reliability and not having to wrench on it every other month! I figure it balances itself out in the end.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
2010 bmw 335XI.... fun to drive when everything worked as it should however in the 2 years I owned it I had to change the water pump twice because the plastic housing cracked and I was stranded on the side of the road with a flat due to the car not having a spare (they don't come with one). The car didn't have much space and I was getting tired of the hype over German vehicles and their overpriced parts for the garbage they are. then my insurance randomly surprised me with a 56% increase in rates at renewal due to my model of car being involved in more accidents... lol right, that has nothing to do with my record or my driving. So I changed insurance companies and sold the car

I've had my frontier for 2 years now and have had basically zero issues. The gas mileage sucks but it's worth the reliability and not having to wrench on it every other month! I figure it balances itself out in the end.
Yeah, plus one here, my 2008 MINI Cooper Turbo R55 was a trainwreck of a BMW / Peugeot abortion that lived, and had no spare as well. The run-flats were awful for ride quality and handling so I pitched them for Firestone Firehawks.
Supposedly the F54 engine's much better, after the thousands that thing soaked up, I wouldn't bet on it, and I'm sure not planning on finding out unless I win the MegaMillions.

Reactions: Mitchpro4

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
'00 Frontier then into a '15 Frontier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2006 Mercury Grand Marquis was my ride. My youngest son turned 16 and he got the GMarquis and I bought a used 15 Frontier SV Crew Cab. I loved that truck but it was an electrical nightmare and it leaked. The radio would come on by itself, dash lights flashing and gauges jumping with no key in the ignition. It ate batteries and I recorded a couple of these sessions with the radio and dash going crazy and played it for the dealership and they watched, called others in to watch, ran tests and nada, they had no clue. My wife started calling the truck Christine and dubbed her a temperamental *****. Then it developed a leak in the weld over the passenger door and the dealership punted to Nissan NA, so I cut my losses and traded on a Ford Flex which was a nice ride but we found living in the country we really did miss having a pickup for hauling purposes and getting home in a winter storm. So I traded my Flex for a blue 19 Frontier SV Crew Cab and feel right at home now.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Before my current Suzuki (Nissan) Equator, I drove an '03 Frontier CCLB 4x4, before that I had a '95 SE 4x4 v6 Kingcab Hardbody, a '91 SE4x4 v6 Kingcab Hardbody, an '89 4x4 v6 Kingcab Hardbody, before that I had an '86 (not 86.5) 720 Nissan 4x4 Kingcab, then an '81 720 4x4 Datsun (my only non kingcab), and my first truck was a 1980 Datsun 720 Kingcab 2wd. I guess I got hooked on the brand pretty early.

·
Registered
2016 SV 4x4 crew cab (stock)
16 Posts
My first truck was a 2006 Jeep Liberty I bought new. In 2011 when I moved to Florida, I had to sell the Jeep. After a stint with a used Jetta, I went back to Jeep with an 04 Grand Cherokee 2WD V8 Limited. I had thought about building the WJ up but with a need for a Daily Driver, a transmission that gave up and no place to park it, it was time to let it go.

I wanted a truck that would be small enough to manage on a day to day basis as well as a future back country explorer. With a few rentals under my belt I thought a Frontier would fit the bill nicely.

·
Registered
Nisstec coilovers, add-a-leaf, Calmini winch bumper, some skids, 265/70r18 Pathfinder A/T.
244 Posts
92' toyota 4x4 regular cab 2.4l 5speed, 00' something Jetta for a little while, then my 98' 4runner v6 5speed with elocker, ome suspension and 285/75r16's. Traded that in a few months ago for the 21' cc 4wd. They gave me $5k trade in for the 4runner sight unseen.
Love the new truck but need dealer to resolve a driveline vibration issue.

21' SV Special Edition. RC coils front, shackle/shocks rear. SPC UCA. 265/70r18 Pathfinder A/T.

·
Registered
453 Posts
1992 GMC Sierra SLE 4x2, 5.7L V8 auto, 183,xxx
1998 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.7L V8 auto, 218,5xx
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71. 5.3L 4L60E, 200,500

All were pretty good too me. The 92 was my uncle's he bought new in 91 or 92. I got it and shortly after the rear main seal went out but after that it was a pretty good truck. Traded it after 3 years for my 98. It was a pretty good truck also but it had a weird acceleration issue where it would almost stumble when close to full throttle, then it would just take off and really accelerate hard. Road like a dream and the factory seats were ultra comfy. I hated the electric shift t-case, partly because it got stuck in 4lo during the 2007 ice storm in northeast Oklahoma. At 205k, the trans was pretty much shot and tcc lockup was intermittent, other things in there were worn out. $2300 rebuild and it crapped out again at 218,500 miles. Traded it for my 04. It was a good truck. Water pump croaked while backing into parking spot at work, and slammed on brakes and found out afterwards front hubs and bearings were toast so i swapped in new ones and it was good until the water pump crapped out. They all were V8, 4spd auto extended cab, pw/pl/tilt/ cruise/ factory ac. Only one was 2wd but it went almost anywhere i wanted with Cooper Discoverer STT's on the rear. The 98 supposedly had the auto locking rear diff but i never noticed it, the 04 did have the Eaton auto locker rear diff and that awesome. It was also a floor shift 4wd and i liked that, plus i could pull 4wd fuse and had 2LO.

·
Premium Member
2020 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
134 Posts
Thought this might make for interesting (if not entertaining) thread: What did you drive before you bought your Frontier?

As for me, a 2005 Honda CRV 2WD. Loved it. Very practical little vehicle for driving around town. Always got at least 22 mpg in town, and upwards to 30 if strictly highway driving.

Although the Frontier doesn't get those type of mpgs, I knew what I was buying when I bought it. Plus, I feel like I have some added testosterone now that I'm driving a truck!
2011 Nissan Xterra. It had 135K trouble-free miles before getting rear-ended. :(

I replaced it with a 2016 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X Luxury about two weeks ago.

Before the Xterra, I drove a 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T. I liked it, but it was giving me a ton of issues.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Not counting cars > 4 Toyotas and a 98 GMC that hung around from 1998 till 2014 when bought the first 2014 Frontier. Only GM product ever owned but had 178K on it when sold and saw it at the local Post Office just last week and the fellow says it still runs fine although a little rough around the edges at 23 years old. SWB regular cab with 5 speed manual & the big V6. The 89 Toyota was around till almost 200K and went to Mexico where it's probably still moving.
Plant Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Plant Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Frontier SV crew cab, short bed, 6 speed manual transmission, Value Truck Package
833 Posts
2009 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe, V6, 6 speed manual transmission, Polished Metal Metallic (gray), black leather interior, with navigation. Basically all the bells and whistles you could get in a 2009. You could turn the rear defrost on, adjust climate control, etc with just voice commands :ROFLMAO:.

It was actually a great car. Strong engine that pulled smooth through the power band. Very comfortable. I decided to sell it because I wanted a truck, and at 160k miles it was about to need a new clutch, the clutch master cylinder was starting to leak, and it was burning a little oil. I figured sell it before it needed $2k to $3k in service. I was the original owner, and I keep impeccable service records, so it sold quickly on Craigslist. The woman who bought it looked to be about 20 years old, dressed as a Mennonite (think Amish), drove a car hauler down from PA, paid cash, loaded it, chained it down, backed the car hauler around the street corner, and drove off. You don't see that every day. I was thoroughly impressed.

201 - 220 of 250 Posts