Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1341 - 1360 of 1384 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,349 ·
I was following a Pro-4x earlier, finally saw another one. But I noticed that the bed light on top of the cab would turn on when it stops and turns off when it starts moving. Lighting set-up mode? I actually don't like it as my truck has LED and very bright but I have not checked yet if it also happen to mine as my wife have it.

Not the actual truck I was following. Pic from prior post.
Automotive lighting Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Magenta

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Yes. we were stopping at a red light. When we started moving it turned off but not at the same time as the brake light, it turned off a few seconds after. It did that on all stops so I knew it was not random.
I read that the newer trucks body control module will not let the cargo lights come on while the truck is in motion, so maybe they have their cargo light switch on and the BCM is turning it off and on with stopping? idk for sure just a guess based on what I have read

·
Registered
54 Posts
I read that the newer trucks body control module will not let the cargo lights come on while the truck is in motion, so maybe they have their cargo light switch on and the BCM is turning it off and on with stopping? idk for sure just a guess based on what I have read
Yup, not sure about how the light is disabled when moving, but my money is going on "activated cargo light switch".
Just make sure it's off before driving around.

...which reminds me: I need to do some button rearranging on my dash. The inverter and the cargo lights rarely get used; and what's with two blanks in the top row??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,355 ·
That is a good argument to have the light on when stopping, like if your carrying stuff on the bed at night and want to make sure it is still there. My bed light switch is off so I'll try that to test. Unless, somebody here knew that and confirms it.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier SV 4X4
452 Posts
That is indeed what is going on. They have the Cargo Lights Switch on. Not sure what year they implemented the speed/movement cutoff, but on my 2022, they turn off above a certain speed (but I don't know what that speed is). For reference, I could toggle them on at any time in my 2007 (nice for checking cargo at freeway speeds and signaling other drivers to turn off their high beams)

·
Registered
702 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
That is indeed what is going on. They have the Cargo Lights Switch on. Not sure what year they implemented the speed/movement cutoff, but on my 2022, they turn off above a certain speed (but I don't know what that speed is). For reference, I could toggle them on at any time in my 2007 (nice for checking cargo at freeway speeds and signaling other drivers to turn off their high beams)
I was looking on here to find how to use the switch just like you mentioned above. Seems a wire needs to be cut...?? Still have not confirmed.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4X4
699 Posts
Installed the engine skid plate. For 32.00 this is a no brainer.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 S King Cab
359 Posts
Changed the oil for the first time at 7300 miles. Still looked pretty clean. Be interesting to send a sample to Blackstone and have it analyzed. I bet it is only half-used. The little access plate for the oil filter is unnecessarily small. Whoever designed that and the little drip gutter could have done a better job. Lots of things on this truck make me scratch my head and wonder how many design reviews they had and still said "that's OK".

1341 - 1360 of 1384 Posts