Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1241 - 1257 of 1257 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am adding recovery hooks to my S model. It doesn’t appear the plastic filler can be removed so I will need to cut an opening in it. What’s the best way to do that?

I have a dremel tool and was considering that as an option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
297 Posts
I am adding recovery hooks to my S model. It doesn’t appear the plastic filler can be removed so I will need to cut an opening in it. What’s the best way to do that?

I have a dremel tool and was considering that as an option.

I added them to a 4X2 SV. Started out using a knife. Realized I don't have a lot of patience, and used my oscillating tool plunge blade. Worked really well. I never have went back and cleaned up/dressed my cut outs like I intended to.
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Picked up a lightly used Softopper in black. I wanted the gray initially but I couldn't pass up the saving. Came of a 21' Pro4X. Think it's looking pretty good. Need to seal the bed better and also need to figure out how to install my rear dash cam (stream rear view) as seeing out the plastic window is not very clear.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,246 ·
I have a body color spray paint and got this idea from here to paint the hole covers.
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Grille Car

What other part do you guys think need to be painted to body color? Not big though, as I can't really match the quality or smoothness of the body paint.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have a body color spray paint and got this idea from here to paint the hole covers.
View attachment 356275

What other part do you guys think need to be painted to body color? Not big though, as I can't really match the quality or smoothness of the body paint.

Glad someone else saw my painted plugs and paint matched theirs!

So much cleaner of a look and should really come like that from factory.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I added them to a 4X2 SV. Started out using a knife. Realized I don't have a lot of patience, and used my oscillating tool plunge blade. Worked really well. I never have went back and cleaned up/dressed my cut outs like I intended to.
View attachment 356224
Don't mean to offend, and I also want to add recovery hooks, but did your third grader do this? There has to be a better way.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Don't mean to offend, and I also want to add recovery hooks, but did your third grader do this? There has to be a better way.
No it was all me. I could clean up the cut outs, may still do it. Felt less than inspired to do so afterwards because you can't even see the tow hooks when you are close to the truck, much less the cut outs. You can't really see them until you are at a distance, unless you get down on the ground. Don't let my ugly cut outs discourage you, I'm sure you could do some much better ones.

·
Registered
2022 S King Cab
348 Posts
Added the black wheel skins to cover the steel wheels. Not sure if I will keep them or just change the wheels.

you have the exact same truck as I have... I was going to paint my wheels but might just do the wheel skins. Where did you get them- ebay? Can you post a close-up of a wheel- how much of the silver shows through the spokes?

1241 - 1257 of 1257 Posts