Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1201 - 1220 of 1257 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Picked up a practically new Yakima RTT from Facebook marketplace for about 60% off of msrp. Guy was an Adidas employee from Germany getting ready to move back and needed it gone. Said he used it maybe 15 times and the condition shows. Anyway, hoping to find a few nights next week or the week after to take it out and see what shakes out. Been wanting one for a long time. Had to strap it down to get it home becsuse the standard yakima mounts wouldn't fit my rack, hence the ratchet straps in the first picture. Then my brother and I fabricated some steel bars to really attach it in place. Next up is a little more fab to make it so I can use a trailer hitch pin lock for security to keep it from being stolen in sketchy *** Portland.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looking nice. How did the install go? Lots of drilling I'm assuming. Still on the fence of getting this since I don't see keeping my Pro-4X much longer but I still want it haha.
Lots of drilling required. Nismo is coming out with a similar roof rack that doesn't require drilling. I've seen some pictures, no official release date known yet

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier CC 4x4
929 Posts
Finished the 1st tank of fuel since putting the 33" tires on. Got a hand calculated 18 miles per gallon and I am ecstatic with that!

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier CC 4x4
929 Posts
Usually it's the opposite when adding larger tires, give it some time and check back with some numbers later 👍...
What do you mean opposite? I went from 20 stock to 18 with the tires. I'll definitely be monitoring MPG with the hand calculated Fuelly app going forward, curious to see how the truck does.

My odo was 2.25% slow stock, tires are 6% taller, so I have to add 8.25% to what my trip meter shows at the end of each tank. That's the only way I can get accurate results. The dash display is notoriously bad.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier SV Supreme w/ convenience, technology, and premium packages
7 Posts
Finally arrived! Super happy with my 2022 SV Premium. Only bummer is that it came with all silver wheels (my fault). Gonna replace them later anyway. I added an oil pan skid plate and side steps.

Honestly, I don't like them that much. They look just fine, but the truck is definitely not tall enough to justify them. Kinda looks silly to me. Only added them because I need them to get from the driver's seat to the bed when launching my job boat from the truck bed. This way I don't have to walk around in knee deep water. And no, I don't want to buy, register, and pay insurance and maintenance on a trailer for a little 12' Jon boat lol.

Blackhatbrotha

·
Banned
53 Posts
Finally arrived! Super happy with my 2022 SV Premium. Only bummer is that it came with all silver wheels (my fault). Gonna replace them later anyway. I added an oil pan skid plate and side steps.

Honestly, I don't like them that much. They look just fine, but the truck is definitely not tall enough to justify them. Kinda looks silly to me. Only added them because I need them to get from the driver's seat to the bed when launching my job boat from the truck bed. This way I don't have to walk around in knee deep water. And no, I don't want to buy, register, and pay insurance and maintenance on a trailer for a little 12' Jon boat lol.

Blackhatbrotha
I got the set you need forsale !!! Check classified ad

·
Registered
457 Posts
Pro-X here so I removed the air spoiler/dam, plastic “skid plate” and added the Pro-4X silver skid plate.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille
Bumper Gun accessory Composite material Automotive exterior Auto part

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Then I went a step ahead and covered the bumper holes with color matched plugs that I painted using boulder grey touch up paint.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Pro-X here so I removed the air spoiler/dam, plastic “skid plate” and added the Pro-4X silver skid plate.
View attachment 355696 View attachment 355704
View attachment 355700

Then I went a step ahead and covered the bumper holes with color matched plugs that I painted using boulder grey touch up paint.

View attachment 355703
Very nice. Do you have a link or the part number do the skid plate kit? Was it just a simple bolt on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1201 - 1220 of 1257 Posts