Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1121 - 1140 of 1164 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Frontier S
76 Posts
Got some new wheels and tires on my truck today. Sorry about the poor quality pic, I ran out of light.
Wheels are 17" DX4 nitro with Goodyear Wrangler Workhorse AT in the stock 265/65/17.

View attachment 352684
I went to Discount tire today to have the TPMS programmed to the truck……
And it worked. The tech thought it wasn’t working but it turned out it did. The light turned off and all is well

I decided I wasn't crazy about the fake beadlock bolts
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Locking hubs

So I found that those license plate bolt covers you get when you buy a license plate frame fit perfectly. So I found someone on eBay selling 100 (I needed 80) for $10. They fit perfectly. I drove with one on for a few days and it didn't fall off. I expected to need to glue them on but there doesn't appear to be a need for that

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Car

Much better and for $10 you can't beat that

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
2022 Frontier
78 Posts
@TruckinFLA I didn’t use a relay. The compressor was designed to hook directly to the battery and I used a lower gauge wire to run from battery to compressor to limit the power loss due to the added resistance of the longer run from the power source. I figure I’ll see how it works out and make any adjustments if needed

·
Registered
2022 Frontier SV CC SWB / 1997 Hardbody D21 KC
64 Posts
Glasses Hand Tire Finger Communication Device

Just waiting on wiring to confirm operation. If successful, a write up will follow. Definitely looking forward to keyless entry on my bare bones SV.

I will note, this is not as simple as just swapping handles and plugging in.

·
Premium Member
2022 Glacier White SV 4X4 CC
54 Posts
Over the weekend I:
  • Installed illuminated kickplates.
  • Installed door scuff guards
  • Added skateboard tape to my wireless charging mat to insure that phones don't slide around on it and keep a stable connection.
Automotive lighting Grille Hood Automotive tire Bumper

Car Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior Personal luxury car

Automotive tire Luggage and bags Automotive design Automotive lighting Grey

Wheel Grille Car Automotive lighting Hood

Rectangle Stairs Font Tints and shades Symmetry

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Haven’t done this yet, but rather post here than start a new thread…
I like the look of the hood decal that Nissan offers, but for $500, that’s a MAJOR rip off.
View attachment 352799

Found a seller on eBay that has something similar for $75, what do you guys think?
View attachment 352800

They offer several designs, but I’m only liking the solid matte black one.
I went and bought a sheet of vinyl wrap and did it myself. Knifeless tape makes it pretty easy to get the shape you want, but I would recommend two people to get it laid out. I wound up with wrinkles and bubbles in mine. I also used the outside of the hood "scoops" to line mine with rather than the inside line the stock seems to follow. I really wanted a topo pattern but couldn't find one I liked so went with this neptune kryptek.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Frontier SV CC SWB / 1997 Hardbody D21 KC
64 Posts
View attachment 353061

Just waiting on wiring to confirm operation. If successful, a write up will follow. Definitely looking forward to keyless entry on my bare bones SV.

I will note, this is not as simple as just swapping handles and plugging in.

And the verdict is... If it didn't come with it, it won't have it. Nissan did not provision any wiring to the BCM for the keyless entry.
Unless I investigate / add the wiring from the door to the BCM, this is a no go.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier sv Glacier White
77 Posts
I went to Discount tire today to have the TPMS programmed to the truck……
And it worked. The tech thought it wasn’t working but it turned out it did. The light turned off and all is well

I decided I wasn't crazy about the fake beadlock bolts
View attachment 352934

So I found that those license plate bolt covers you get when you buy a license plate frame fit perfectly. So I found someone on eBay selling 100 (I needed 80) for $10. They fit perfectly. I drove with one on for a few days and it didn't fall off. I expected to need to glue them on but there doesn't appear to be a need for that

View attachment 352935
Much better and for $10 you can't beat that

View attachment 352937
Good call on covering the "bead lock" sharp looking truck! That's the color I was wanting/want. But it's all good!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went and bought a sheet of vinyl wrap and did it myself. Knifeless tape makes it pretty easy to get the shape you want, but I would recommend two people to get it laid out. I wound up with wrinkles and bubbles in mine. I also used the outside of the hood "scoops" to line mine with rather than the inside line the stock seems to follow. I really wanted a topo pattern but couldn't find one I liked so went with this neptune kryptek.

Where did you purchase your vinyl from? I like that a lot! Knifeless tape is amazing too! Great work!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Where did you purchase your vinyl from? I like that a lot! Knifeless tape is amazing too! Great work!
They have a ton of patterns, and you can choose to have ot printed on their in store brand of film, 3m, or Avery Dennison. I went with 3m. And you can choose different sizes of film.

·
Registered
36 Posts
They have a ton of patterns, and you can choose to have ot printed on their in store brand of film, 3m, or Avery Dennison. I went with 3m. And you can choose different sizes of film.

I've ordered from them before. Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts

I added this to the end of my exhaust. Nissan sells it as an exhaust finisher. The part number is T99M6-9BU0A. The cost was $80. Took about 4 days for my dealer to get it.

And yes I'm aware it does nothing to increase performance or HP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just ordered one !! Definitely going to make the truck look even better.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bought and installed the fog light/DRL kit on my S model. It comes complete with both lights and a new stalk with the fog light switch.I asked the dealer about doing the install and they quoted me $700. Did it myself in a couple of hours and a few dammits. It’s nice that Nissan pre-wired the truck, making it all plug and play.

Since I had to remove that hunk of plastic called an air dam anyway, I decided to leave it off. The truck looks much better without it, IMO.

Also swapped my halogen bulbs for LED.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Can I ask, what led's did you buy?

1121 - 1140 of 1164 Posts