Nissan Frontier Forum banner
301 - 320 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
looks REALLY good. LOVE love LOVE how the wheels came out....what a diff from stock aluminum/alloy finish...did you have them powder coated or DYI?!
Just removed all the wheels when truck was new and cleaned/prepped then painted with that plastic-dip stuff, good prep makes it stick, at some point will put different wheels/ tires on when I find the right look but for now it’s what I got!

·
Registered
5 Posts
There seems to be plenty of folks around here wondering how the 5100s feel in a Gen 3. So, how do they feel comparatively?
The 5100’s really made a difference in cornering on mountain roads, gave it more of a solid feel instead of mushy, I travel a lot between Portland OR and Reno NV so a lot of highway also, truck rides very close to stock, I also took it on washboard dirt roads here in Nevada and handles great, by the way I still have a 2012 CCSB Frontier I gave my son that has 5100’s on it too so the ride has been great.

·
Registered
Tactical Green 2022 SV King Cab 4x4
63 Posts
If anyone interested in getting BedRug bed liner, here are some things to consider.
I have contacted BedRug and asked them when they going to make bed liner for 22 Frontier. I got email response that the 21 and 22 bed is the same. I told them that I heard that 22 bed is deeper than 21. Then I got another email and person had said that their top engineer said it's the same. So, I had ordered the classic bed liner for '21 Frontier. It arrived a few days ago.
The temperature outside is around 40'F, and instructions say recommended install temperature in 68'F. I can't wait for the spring to install it, so I went crazy on it.
Put my truck into me non-heated garage and started working on installation. Used heat gun to worm up metal and Velcro to make it stick better :D
For the most part it fits well, except a few places (see pictures). But, as I mentioned to the BedRug support, it seems that the bed on 22 is 1" or 1-1/2" deeper. The liner looks short a bit at the top.
BedRug should come up with '22 design liner to make it exact fit .
It's not a big deal for me and I will keep the liner, but I wanted to share this with anyone who was considering BedRug liner.

Wood Public space Automotive exterior Gas Bumper

Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Grille

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Road surface Asphalt

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Bumper

Car Plant Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
63 Posts
If anyone interested in getting BedRug bed liner, here are some things to consider.
I have contacted BedRug and asked them when they going to make bed liner for 22 Frontier. I got email response that the 21 and 22 bed is the same. I told them that I heard that 22 bed is deeper than 21. Then I got another email and person had said that their top engineer said it's the same. So, I had ordered the classic bed liner for '21 Frontier. It arrived a few days ago.
The temperature outside is around 40'F, and instructions say recommended install temperature in 68'F. I can't wait for the spring to install it, so I went crazy on it.
Put my truck into me non-heated garage and started working on installation. Used heat gun to worm up metal and Velcro to make it stick better :D
For the most part it fits well, except a few places (see pictures). But, as I mentioned to the BedRug support, it seems that the bed on 22 is 1" or 1-1/2" deeper. The liner looks short a bit at the top.
It's not a big deal for me and I will keep the liner, but I wanted to share this with anyone who was considering BedRug liner.

View attachment 342979

View attachment 342977

View attachment 342978

View attachment 342976

View attachment 342975
Had another email exchange with BedRug this evening. They admitted that they found out last Monday that ‘22 bed is not the same as ‘21. Of course they offered return and refund. So wait for the new liner design if you think to buy one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I installed a Bulletpoint phone mount for a Ford Ranger in my truck today. More pics and info in my build thread 😉

View attachment 343001
In my old Frontier I had phone holder as I used waze for GPS. The new Fronty has apple carplay and android auto for that. I can use voice commands for messenger, etc.. My phone goes in the console well for charging. All functions became hands free and no need to handle the phone.
With that said, I was curious why would you need phone holder in the ‘22 Fronty? Just asking, maybe I’m missing some good phone functions I’m not using. 😁

Reactions: OTACORB

·
Registered
2022 Frontier S
30 Posts
In my old Frontier I had phone holder as I used waze for GPS. The new Fronty has apple carplay and android auto for that. I can use voice commands for messenger, etc.. My phone goes in the console well for charging. All functions became hands free and no need to handle the phone.
With that said, I was curious why would you need phone holder in the ‘22 Fronty? Just asking, maybe I’m missing some good phone functions I’m not using. 😁
I use CarPlay too, so I get your point. Just personal preference I suppose. I like having my phone where I can see it so I don’t forget it in the car.
My other cars have mounts so I don’t have to think about it when I exit the car. I like having everything the same or as close to the same as possible. A little OCD too probably lol

·
Registered
799 Posts

View attachment 342979

View attachment 342977

View attachment 342978

View attachment 342976

View attachment 342975
Looks pretty darn good as is!
Did you install it on top of the spray in liner?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Rough Country Nudge bar, Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport (spot & combo lights) and AAC Trigger 4 Plus wireless lighting controller!

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Hood Car Motor vehicle Auto part Electrical wiring

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks pretty darn good as is!
Did you install it on top of the spray in liner?
No liner. My bed is just painted. It fits for the most part, just a few places not exact fit.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier Pro-X Glazier White, Tech/Convenience, Bed Cover, Step Rails, Window/Hood Deflectors
198 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have seen this on other forums and it helped me customize or fix my car related to that forum. I hope this starts a useful thread.

I'm getting my truck delivered tomorrow and most upgrade or accessories are on the way so I'll post when it happens.

Pictures and how to would also help. Source of the accessories too.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Reactions: Bamps and lrod1707

·
Registered
22' SV LWB
85 Posts
I had to get the 5100 fronts from Z1offroad and the rears from Nisstec, the rears are 5125’s...
Can you share the part numbers for front and rear? Also, do the 5100s ride rough on washboard compared to stock? I had them on my Tacoma and they were brutally stiff on washboard and off-road unless I had about 5-600lbs in the truck. However, the 5100s were a dream on paved roads at highway speed where the damping minimized body roll nicely.

301 - 320 of 383 Posts