Nissan Frontier Forum banner
281 - 300 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
Tactical Green 2022 SV King Cab 4x4
63 Posts
I did the same SCREEN PROTECTION. I used the largest iPAD screen protection plastic /film for it and like you, cut out the knob areas as well as the pushbutton center. And like you, I sucked at cutting out the holes cleanly. But nevertheless, they fit as well as can be, I guess....

However, after squeezing out bubbles and air pockets, I thought they were cleanly adhered to... Alas, I was wrong. When the temperature dips below cold, like in low to mid 30s over night, the films or plastic (whatever it is called) shrinks and when you get in the truck, you see rather large "air bubble" in the middle of screen. Not sure if I used the better quality screen protector material would prevent this... Just thought I shared this...
My screen protector got even better when everything dried up. 😀
Automotive design Car Audio equipment Personal luxury car Vehicle audio

Reactions: Bamps

·
Registered
42 Posts
i photoshopped some rear gate matte black letters that can be had from ebay/amazon for 35 bucks on to front of hood to see how it MIGHT look... kinda diggin' it : )

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Parallel

·
Registered
2022 Frontier SV 4X4
127 Posts
Received, Assembled!, and installed my long backordered Sliding Bed Extender.

Honestly though, not sure what I think about it yet. Definitely was not expecting to have to assemble it though.

Grille Product Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper
Hood Rectangle Wood Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2022 Frontier Pro-X Glazier White, Tech/Convenience, Bed Cover, Step Rails, Window/Hood Deflectors
198 Posts
I finally got my sub installed today. After trying it in a few different places, I decided to just remove the storage bin under the passenger rear. This of course left 3 bare white spots where it screwed down. So, I used some black felt with orange paw prints I had to resolve that. Orange paw prints matches the lava red accents in the truck. (In reality without that storage bin there is actually more space on either side of the sub to carry stuff.

I mounted the sub using velcro strips, because it sticks to that carpet like glue and doesn't move. All wires were ran under the carpet and in the door jams. Ran power all the way to the battery, going through the boot in the firewall was very easy. Overall an easy install. Removing the panels was the hardest part because you always fear breaking a clip, but they are all pretty sturdy. Tapping the speaker wires on the passenger side (tan and blue wire). Included a picture of the wiring.

This Kenwood Sub is pretty sweet. It's not overbearing and isn't going to vibrate the frame of your truck, but it certainly did what I wanted which was a to provide some deeper fuller sounding bass. Works perfectly for that.

Hand Hood Finger Sleeve Automotive lighting
White Automotive lighting Light Hood Black

·
Registered
42 Posts
I finally got my sub installed today. After trying it in a few different places, I decided to just remove the storage bin under the passenger rear. This of course left 3 bare white spots where it screwed down. So, I used some black felt with orange paw prints I had to resolve that. Orange paw prints matches the lava red accents in the truck. (In reality without that storage bin there is actually more space on either side of the sub to carry stuff.

I mounted the sub using velcro strips, because it sticks to that carpet like glue and doesn't move. All wires were ran under the carpet and in the door jams. Ran power all the way to the battery, going through the boot in the firewall was very easy. Overall an easy install. Removing the panels was the hardest part because you always fear breaking a clip, but they are all pretty sturdy. Tapping the speaker wires on the passenger side (tan and blue wire). Included a picture of the wiring.

This Kenwood Sub is pretty sweet. It's not overbearing and isn't going to vibrate the frame of your truck, but it certainly did what I wanted which was a to provide some deeper fuller sounding bass. Works perfectly for that.

View attachment 342788 View attachment 342789
Couple of q's, hard to tell from pics. So do you see your paw prints ONLY when seat is lifted or ALL the time? What's all involved in connecting the sub woofer? Is splicing involved? (Don't laff, i get the willies at the thought of connecting ANY after market product, but i also miss the "fullness" from sound of my harmon kardon system that was in my RAM... How long did entire process take? thanks!

·
Registered
Tactical Green 2022 SV King Cab 4x4
63 Posts
Got my WeatherTech Mats in and as usual, they fit great. Now hoping that the rear one comes out soon.

I like WeatherTech liners as well. Better coverage than OEM mats. It will keep foot well cleaner…
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering part Automotive design

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
2022 Frontier Pro-X Glazier White, Tech/Convenience, Bed Cover, Step Rails, Window/Hood Deflectors
198 Posts
Couple of q's, hard to tell from pics. So do you see your paw prints ONLY when seat is lifted or ALL the time? What's all involved in connecting the sub woofer? Is splicing involved? (Don't laff, i get the willies at the thought of connecting ANY after market product, but i also miss the "fullness" from sound of my harmon kardon system that was in my RAM... How long did entire process take? thanks!
The paw print nearest the door can be seen if looking hard enough with seats down. Running wires under the carpet and then along the door jam. Yes you do have to tap your speaker wires. Don’t have to totally cut them if you use wire taps. Run the power to the battery , just made a small incision in the boot. Then from the boot to the battery I used black shielding. You really cannot see the wire and even the way I connected it to the battery is hidden.

I took my time, took about hour and half. It was one of those very satisfying installs. 😀

·
Registered
42 Posts
The paw print nearest the door can be seen if looking hard enough with seats down. Running wires under the carpet and then along the door jam. Yes you do have to tap your speaker wires. Don’t have to totally cut them if you use wire taps. Run the power to the battery , just made a small incision in the boot. Then from the boot to the battery I used black shielding. You really cannot see the wire and even the way I connected it to the battery is hidden.

I took my time, took about hour and half. It was one of those very satisfying installs. 😀
ty for breaking i down for me. Glad to hear it was one of those "satisfying installs" been on the losing end of an "unsatisfying one" from time to time, which is why i've become very much a "stock or do without" kinda gal : )

·
Registered
198 Posts
ty for breaking i down for me. Glad to hear it was one of those "satisfying installs" been on the losing end of an "unsatisfying one" from time to time, which is why i've become very much a "stock or do without" kinda gal : )
Oh I can be a big chicken, which is why when I found out the hood deflector required drilling I took it to the dealer. Only to find out they didn't install it properly and I ended up having to do it anyway. GEEZ!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Some of you may remember that I ordered a 2022 Ford Maverick. I had purchased a BakFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover for it. I got in touch with RealTruck and they agreed to swap out that one for the Nissan Frontier version. I had already purchased the Rough Country Hard Trifold for the Frontier. So to make a long story short. I removed the Rough Country Tonneau, boxed it up and will be shipping it back. I am grateful to Rough Country for giving me a full refund and even paying the shipping back. Installed the BakFlip MX4. It's so much nicer and better quality. I am really glad I made this decision. I appreciate RealTruck allowing me to swap between the Maverick and the Frontier version, they too paid shipping both ways.

So with this out of the way, I think for the moment I am pretty much finished the customizing I had planned to do. :)

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro4x
12 Posts
Some of you may remember that I ordered a 2022 Ford Maverick. I had purchased a Bak Hard Folding MX4 Tonneau Cover for it. I got in touch with RealTruck and they agreed to swap out that one for the Nissan Frontier version. I had already purchased the Rough Country Hard Trifold for the Frontier. So to make a long story short. I removed the Rough Country Tonneau, boxed it up and will be shipping it back. I am grateful to Rough Country for giving me a full refund and even paying the shipping back. Installed the Bak Hard Folding MX4. It's so much nicer and better quality. I am really glad I made this decision. I appreciate RealTruck allowing me to swap between the Maverick and the Frontier version, they too paid shipping both ways.

So with this out of the way, I think for the moment I am pretty much finished the customizing I had planned to do. :)
Is the Bak Hard Folding MX4 for 2021 Frontiers and, if yes, I assume it fits just fine on the 2022? If you select 2022 on Realtruck, they are still not available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is what I’ve done so far to my 2022 Frontier
1. 2 1/2 lift in the front with SPC a-arms, 1 1/2 in the rear
2. bilstein 5100’s all around
3. blacked-out the wheels
4. folding bed step
5. foldable camper
6. fabricated new front grille
7. orange daytime running light bulbs

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Is the Bak Hard Folding MX4 for 2021 Frontiers and, if yes, I assume it fits just fine on the 2022? If you select 2022 on Realtruck, they are still not available.
Yes, I had them send me a 2021 BakFlip MX4 and it fits perfectly. Honestly, there is no adjustment they could possibly do to make it fit any better. It fits snug as a bug in a rug, the tailgate closes with it down or you can close the tailgate first and then drop the cover and it latches. I actually spoke with the folks at RealTruck and they are saying that its possible that the reason they are making a 2022 version is to work with the utili-track. I of course cannot confirm that. I just know I prefer it not to tie up my utili-track so that made me even more glad I went with the 2021 version which doesn't use the utili-track to mount. The Rough Country did mount to the utili-track and it got in the way of being able to slide the cleats.

·
Registered
42 Posts
4. folding bed step
5. foldable camper
looks REALLY good. LOVE love LOVE how the wheels came out....what a diff from stock aluminum/alloy finish...did you have them powder coated or DYI?!

·
Registered
2022 Frontier PRO-4X Boulder Grey Pearl
28 Posts
Here are some pictures of my 2021 MX4 installed on my 22, it fits perfect, it's been 3 months now and I'm very happy with it. Also love the fact it doesn't use the utilitrack so I can slide my accessories attached to it no problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Here are some pictures of my 2021 MX4 installed on my 22, it fits perfect, it's been 3 months now and I'm very happy with it. Also love the fact it doesn't use the utilitrack so I can slide my accessories attached to it no problems.
Good pictures to demonstrate the install process. It was quick and easy. Works great as you said on the 2022. When you consider how these fit honestly I don't see why they need to create a 2022 version. To me it's crazy to use to the utili-track to install. Thanks for sharing! :)

·
Premium Member
7,738 Posts
4. folding bed step
5. foldable camper
There seems to be plenty of folks around here wondering how the 5100s feel in a Gen 3. So, how do they feel comparatively?

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4X4
225 Posts
There seems to be plenty of folks around here wondering how the 5100s feel in a Gen 3. So, how do they feel comparatively?
I would also like to know who has them in stock.

281 - 300 of 383 Posts