Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out what axle is on my truck. Ive got an 06 SE KC 6 speed. Was possitive it was an m226 but it seems theres a lot of dieveation between models. The rear passenger seal is going and need to sure what I've got. Is there some where on the truck that wil tell me????/

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike, u da man bud. Thanks. I was 99% sure but wanted to double check. Do u have any idea on how big a gear u can go in a m226? Prolly gonna go with a trutrack and was thinking maybee a 3.83 or a 4.11 gear. going with 285/75-16's soon and don't want my rig to be a gutless turd, but at the same time destroy my highway rpm's.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Okay throttle, you need to look up your current gear ratio. Then figure out the final size tire you are running (looks like a 33) and then use an online calculator to calculate the required gears to keep the same final gear ratio. I am not sure but you probably have a 3.69 or 3.54 (you need to check for yourself thou), so you will have to talk to hoopers and have a custom set made. At this point thou, you can get any gears you need (well not any but you have some options). Then have a local shop install or stop by hoopers and have them do the work. It will get expensive thou and may not be worth it to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts