Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2009 frontier pro4x 2wd truck and my passenger side axle shaft splines were rounded off. I just need to figure out what axle shaft I need and where to get it. Would love to save money and not go to Nissan as they quoted me $465 for just the shaft. If someone could help that would be great, would love to order the parts ASAP and get the truck back on the road. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
it took me a little while but i ended up finding one through a third party dealer from ebay. it was only like 75-100$ i think shipped. the shafts are different sizes, so depending on the axle and the side this happened on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah currently looking right now. It's has the m226 axle with the electronic locker and being 2wd I believe the gears are 3.36. Every website tells me something different and it's driving me nuts lol

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
as long as its an m226 from a frontier or xterra with a locker, one of the axles should fit.

i think the open diff has a longer passenger axle? not 100% on that, so if you need a driver side axle i do believe they are the same size on both axles, so you could just get anyone you want.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the m226 has the same length on both sides? I got a part number from Nissan and when I look it up on website it says w/o off road package tho so idk

38164-ea010 is the part number

1 - 5 of 5 Posts