Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay for those that dont know, I'm an insurance agent. I've been with Farmers insurance for nearly 3 years now and I've decided to open up my own insurance agency. Instead of working for a captive company (you can only sell their products) like Farmers, American Family, State Farm, Allstate, etc... I've instead decided to be an independent agent that can sell multiple companies. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Farmers insurance or any brand name captive company, I just feel its better for the business I do to be able to shop around for my customers. My niche market seems to be auto and homes for now and I was wondering who you guys use for insurance.

Now to end any debate before they start, there is no perfect company... each company has its "perfect" customer that it wants and to anyone that isnt a "perfect" customer in their eyes gets less then desirable prices. Some companies like youthfull drivers more then others and some companies will only insure people over a certain age....

So I was wondering if everyone can post up their insurance companies they're currently with and what age bracket they fit into and their experiences with that company.

Also, just in case anyone was wondering... I'm NOT doing this as a ploy to market clubfrontier members. I'm only licensed to sell insurance in Nevada. I just felt this was a perfect place to try a social experiment.

Also if anyone needs advice on insurance, I've helped members in the past and would be glad to try and answer any of your questions or concerns.

Thanks

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
My mother has USAA for military service members. Been good to her so far. She's retired from the National Gaurd. They have good rates.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
USAA is a great company if you are affiliated with the military. In my experience I have switched some, but not many, people from USAA but usually no one can touch their rates if you are in the military. Farmers is a great company... just ask Nizmut, haha.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
Progressive seems to take care of me well enough. Been too lazy to search around for lower rates at every renewal though i always say i will.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
They give good discounts to Military members children as well.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Progressive is defitnly one of the companies I want to use. Not only are they the best price for me personally they are very easy to use. I'm allready in the process of trying to get approved to sell their product. lots of paperwork.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
I had Progressive. They were easy to talk to for the most part. I had them for about a year but at $360 a month for my insurance because of my age. I had to go to a local company where i got my insurance for $90. If and when i get a motorcyle. I will switch back. Hopefully some of their rates change abit for younger drivers.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I just switched to Progressive from Allstate a few days ago, lol, and I've had the AAA membership for it's towing benefits. Had Allstate on the other truck as well, didn't go so well, hence the recent switch. On one of the cars we have AAA, and on the other we have State Farm. We used to have five vehicles bundled with American Family but that was about a year ago, and with all the different policies combined, it's still significantly less then what the bills were before.

Oh and I just wanted to add that since I move around a lot, I ask for quotes for insurance in Cali and Arizona. & the zip codes makes the biggest difference sometimes, and the fact that some agencies only report to the state DMV/MVD in which you initiate the policy. Which is odd since with Allstate, no matter where I've renewed the policy, they always sent the CA DMV and AZ MVD separate information on my past vehicles.

I'm 22* btw.

*only a few more hours! :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
We use Farm Bureau here in Texas. Been great to us so far. Wife totalled out her car a couple of years ago and they paid it off and we had a new one with in 2 days!

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
So Bud how many companies are you planning on dealing with as an Agent ??

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
22 years old, no tickets, one at fault- no injury accident 4 years ago.

02 frontier v6 4x4
04 bmw 325ci [sport]

$3200/year for $500,000 coverage

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I was using progresive, but switched to a local company called Martins. They give me a rate of LESS THEN HALF of what progressive could. And its full Tilt everything covered!!! Yes I spelled that right. LESS THEN HALF. I am 28 and married. No DUI's nothing major, just a speeding ticket hear and there. Oh, I did total my moms car... when I was 16, which was in 1996.

And yes there legit. My buddie who lives next door told me about them. He totaled his 2006 Ford F-350 four door, And he had a check in less then 7 days.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
My truck is insured through the company I work for. The entire business is insured through nationwide for everything from auto to worker's comp.

I love nationwide but there prices are not exactly the lowest compared to others but our agent is awesome and always gets things done as soon as we need them. Customer service is exceptional and we never have an issue when filing any type of claim.

As far as personal insurance my old hardbody was insured through geico. I only had the truck for about 6 months and never filed a claim. I just went for whoever had the lowest rate for basic liability.

I am interested in buying a bike once I get some bill paid off and have been looking at companies but most of your big name companies are way overpriced. Geico and Progressive have insane rates for moto insurance.

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
Aaron and I are both on State Farm. I have always been on State Farm as my parents were on it and when I moved out here I got my own policy through them. Aaron had Farmers and just made the switch not too long ago. They were charging him way too much! I love State Farm, they have been great to me.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Had State Farm since I was 16... Then, when I was 21 my driving record took a dump... Along with most everything else for that matter. It was down hill from there.

At 26 I switched, by force, to Progressive. I've been very happy with them. They would insure me when others wouldn't due to my driving record and got me a rate I could live with. $300,000 in coverage and I've got everything they offer, liability, collision, glass, fire, theft, etc. Pay a shade over $2400 yearly.

EDIT: I forgot they offer the cool discount if you pay the full 6month premium in one shot. That lowers my bill to just over $2100 yearly.

I also have AAA for the towing benefits.

I'm now 27 (Birthday was Saturday.)

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So Bud how many companies are you planning on dealing with as an Agent ??
4-6 should be perfect. Basically you have your preferred companies which give the best rates to people with clean drving records in their niche. Of coarse each company will have a different niche. Then you have your "standard" companies which specialize in bad credit and bad driving records. Same thing goes for homes. Then I also have a company for antiques, atvs, motorcycles, trailers, offroad toys, etc.

It'll take time but the goal is to have a company for everyone, that way you always make a sale and a happy customer.

22 years old, no tickets, one at fault- no injury accident 4 years ago.

02 frontier v6 4x4
04 bmw 325ci [sport]

$3200/year for $500,000 coverage
those are pretty good rates... what company beef??

·
Registered
94 Posts
USAA...can't beat them. Incredible customer service which is most important to me but you can't beat the price either. $134 a month 500,000 coverage and 500 deductible for my 07 NISMO CC and my wife's 04 Envoy. Been thinking of doing all my banking with them too, I am aching to take my money out of BofA.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts