Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a 2007 CC LE with ~42,200 miles for just over $16,000. I am concerned with the amount of mileage. If the truck I want becomes unavailable by purchase time this becomes a backup. For me this would be an additional year of mileage (based on my normal driving habits). I would rather see less than 30,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
That truck is only avg 14,000 miles per year. Thats not bad. The 12,000 miles that is used is out dated. That number has been used as long as I can remember. This is 2009, people got places to go. Alot more often then in 1983 when that number was thought up.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My average is probably in the neighborhood of 12,000. I only live ~7 miles from work, and I usually ride my motorcycle to work, but still the miles add up. The Buick I have had around 37,000 miles when I bought it in 2003. It now has 110,000. That comes out to about 12,100 miles/year. The one I am looking to buy has less than 25,000 miles and it is about $18,000.

·
Registered
578 Posts
thats still not many miles

·
Registered
578 Posts
these trucks are good for well over 200k anyway so its not a big deal

·
Registered
571 Posts
that seems a bit over priced considering you can find something brand new for that much.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man, a new CC LE for $18,000? Please tell me where and I'll be there. All the new ones I have seen are around $24,000.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
The mileage isn't too bad. At least whoever owned it drove it. The way I look at used vehicles, if they're around 3-4 years old and have some decent mileage on them, mid 40K, then that vehicle was driven and probably runs well. A vehicle with really low miles or really high miles I'd be wary of. That's just me, and I may be completely off base with that.

I personally drive A LOT. I've had my new truck since April 25th of this year and I've just cracked 10,000 miles. That's from a roughly 90 mile commute to and from work each day and every other weekend driving in excess of 450 miles to races all over the Northeast. I average about 25,000 miles a year. I buy trucks to drive them, not watch them rust.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
my 08 has 65k miles on it and no problems so far.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually want to do more driving than I have. I would like to make some trips to the coast especially. That kind of driving is certain to run it up a bit.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The mileage isnt bad, but price seems a little high.

Remember, the bumper to bumper warranty is expired and there is less than 18k left on the powertrain. I dont think I would want my 09' if it didnt have a warranty. Dont get me wrong, I like the truck but so far it hasnt proven its reliability....

Do you really want to spend $16k on a truck that will soon be out of warranty?

Do you really need an LE, you can get a brand new SE CC 4x4 for around $22k?

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Like most of the prior posts, I agree that it is not exceptionally high.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
thats not bad. more importantly, look at who you are buying it from. if its a mature man that never took it above 4k rpms, or a young kid that probably stomped the peddal to the floor at every startup.
look underneath the truck for scrapes and mud. look for scrapes under the lower control arms and rear differential. if there is none of that, it probably wasn't wheeled.
the VQ40 is a great motor, and i think it is going to last longer than the VG series.

·
Registered
637 Posts
thats not bad. more importantly, look at who you are buying it from. if its a mature man that never took it above 4k rpms, or a young kid that probably stomped the peddal to the floor at every startup.
look underneath the truck for scrapes and mud. look for scrapes under the lower control arms and rear differential. if there is none of that, it probably wasn't wheeled.
the VQ40 is a great motor, and i think it is going to last longer than the VG series.
I dont know about this last part "VQ40 is a great motor, and i think it is going to last longer than the VG series". With all the timing chain issues, etc. it seems like these engines have a lot more problems than the VG. I am already convinced that I will not keep mine past warranty. Its a powerhouse, but ....

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
The mileage isn't too bad. At least whoever owned it drove it. The way I look at used vehicles, if they're around 3-4 years old and have some decent mileage on them, mid 40K, then that vehicle was driven and probably runs well. A vehicle with really low miles or really high miles I'd be wary of. That's just me, and I may be completely off base with that.

I have an '05 with just over 17,000. I keep it in a heated garage, it goes to the dealership for its services and I don't lead foot it For all trips that are less than a mile I walk and leave the truck parked. I get it out on the Interstate a couple of times a week.

I don't drive it a lot, but I do take good care of it.

OkieScot

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
With regards to cost, I am trying to keep the price at, or below, $18,000 since I am using part of a home equity loan for it. I am going to pay it off outright. Then the question remains as to how much is left over for other things we need to get done.

One option is a vehicle with ~25,000 miles for $18,000 or the one I asked about for $16,000. They both are dealer certified and come with 3 month, 3,000 warranty. I thought about using it to put down on a new one but payback on the loan and additional payment for a new vehicle would be too much.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts