Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I apologize if there is already a thread on this topic but I couldn’t find one (if there is a recent one, please let me know and I’ll merge the threads).

I’m curious what hobbies everyone has other than trucks. We have our Frontiers in common but we’re also a diverse group of people.

My main hobbies (besides wheeling) are hiking, snowshoeing and playing World of Warcraft. I’ve shared some hiking and snowshoeing pics below.

Post up! Please share your hobbies with us and post pics if applicable.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Fabrication is my love! Hard to do much since I got sick.
Fished all over the place!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I garden extensively , fish, and game online a lot (play a lot of Overwatch). I'm into shooting too but at this point it's more of a hoarding addiction since I never go shooting. I'd love to go camping more but I can never get my gf to go lol.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I garden extensively , fish, and game online a lot (play a lot of Overwatch). I'm into shooting too but at this point it's more of a hoarding addiction since I never go shooting. I'd love to go camping more but I can never get my gf to go lol.
Nice. I like camping too but it’s usually in the context of a wheeling trip. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
5,872 Posts
My gal, disc golf, yoga, metaphysics, XXX~hot peppers/endorphins, tomato gardening & cooking.

Used to be an avid Mt Biker in the 80s/90s...and consider myself most lucky to be fully operational having never owned a helmet or ever breaking a bone.

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My gal, disc golf, yoga, metaphysics, XXX~hot peppers/endorphins, tomato gardening & cooking.
I like the idea of yoga but could never get into it. I guess if any form of exercise that doesn’t directly improve my ability to hike ends up being something I lose interest in.

My husband likes hot peppers, the hotter the better. I’m exactly the opposite.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
271 Posts
Farm keeps me busy. We have cattle, goats, and chickens - all pets (except cattle). We have one goat who we bottle fed and lived inside up until about a month ago... We are having a hard time with the transition of her to the outside...

The goats are pretty much our children.

I am in the process of rebuilding my tractor, John Deere 2630. 2018 I rebuild everything from the flywheel back all in the garage. I found this to be very difficult to do in your own garage. It was very messy and hard to do without shop cranes and/or forklifts...

·
Registered
298 Posts
I like the idea of yoga but could never get into it. I guess if any form of exercise that doesn’t directly improve my ability to hike ends up being something I lose interest in.

My husband likes hot peppers, the hotter the better. I’m exactly the opposite.
I want to get back into yoga because I swear it fixed my back problems and made my joints stronger.
I grow hot peppers and pickle them haha. I've got ghost and scorpion peppers going right now

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Farm keeps me busy. We have cattle, goats, and chickens - all pets (except cattle). We have one goat who we bottle fed and lived inside up until about a month ago... We are having a hard time with the transition of her to the outside...

The goats are pretty much our children.

I am in the process of rebuilding my tractor, John Deere 2630. 2018 I rebuild everything from the flywheel back all in the garage. I found this to be very difficult to do in your own garage. It was very messy and hard to do without shop cranes and/or forklifts...
The goat is adorable.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Before "the virus", I was playing senior softball at least three days a week, year round. So since then I'm like a retired guy with no real activities.

My '98 and 2004 Frontiers don't need maintenance or repair, same with my 1970 and 1971 VWs, so I had a shop re-manufacture the engine for my '88 Mazda truck earlier this year, pre-virus. So after a couple of hiccups (they fixed under warranty) like leaky oil pan and a blown freeze plug, that seems OK with no leaks so I installed a used power steering gear box into that (which I bought about 6 years ago for $20 as mine was leaky). And the shop said my transmission rear output shaft seal was leaking, so I pumped in about a pint of gear oil and bought/installed a seal for the front of the drive shaft. And last week I evacuated and re-charged its R-12 AC, a service valve cap had cracked and most of the R-12 leaked out.

I also did flooring in the laundry room at the place up north (cooler than Phoenix), and repaired the old washing machine there. So I still have to do flooring in the bathroom up there, and build an outside cat enclosure; was going to use an Ikea shelving unit as the backbone for the enclosure, but all Ikea are closed and they told me "maybe mid-May" to get the unit shipped from their U.S. warehouse. So will build from scratch. But will have a Tuff Shed built on the sire for Mrs. Cusser's horse stuff, I'll watch that.

·
Registered
2017 SV CC LWB 4x4 auto
176 Posts
I hike when I can, usually very busy with work from April to December, but not so much with the covid restrictions. Love to fish and boat, also when time allows. I drop my boat in Winnipesaukee whenever I can, though that's a 2.5 hour ride I'll still do it just to spend the afternoon on the water. My wife, the kids, the dog and I also love to walk the beach regardless of the weather . The picture below was in January
I guess the thing I really enjoy that I get to do most often is cook. I've begun to compile my own recipes and it's slowly becoming my own cookbook. I was grilling yesterday in 30mph wind and rain, it's hard to keep me from it.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I too have a few boom-booms and it sux not being able to toss some lead downrange. I'm also in to audio, have a SAE Model MK XXXI amp that I recapped; and a couple of Adcom preamps, the 2 channel is currently down but the 5 channel works great. The 2 channel was my primary before, I think some of the caps went as the unit was manufactured in February 1996, so I'm going to get off my butt and recap the whole mainboard.

I'm also big in digital photography and video, running my own YouTube channel that is now sneaking up on 1800 total views, not bad for a nobody that just started broadcasting 29 February.

I use DAZ Studios Carrara 8.1 to create digital imagery and have sold a few pieces, the gallery I was showing in closed down, of course, like mostly every thing else.

Off_War03.jpg

·
Registered
Great truck
672 Posts
collecting firearms and ammo, like everyone else.

i cycle a lot, a little over 5k miles a year. i ride a lightning p38 though so no pain.

i also play a lot of call of duty. other than that, just finance the kids autocrossing and stuff like that. they both race older bmws like i did when i used to autocross so its easy since i know them inside and out

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
@JeniorNV I do yoga off and on and Find it helps tons with my old joints, knees mostly, so, it can help your hiking if that is something holding you back.

For me, Hobbies include Deer hunting, fishing, biking, Camping, Gardening, general tinkering on wood and metal things. I just recently took up Ukulele. I used to be pretty big in to homebrewing but, since going 95% dry (I'll have a dram of scotch here and there) I quit doing that as I had no need for 5 gallons of beer at any time.

With a 1 1/2 year old at home, most of my hobby time is spent (happily) chasing him around. He LOVES being outside, wants to go for walks as far as his little legs can take him so we explore all corners of the neighborhood looking for new things to see. Dogs and dump trucks are the current favorite.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Motorcycle
Did the (Circle Tour) drove my motorcycle solo around the entire lake of Lake Superior, 1300 miles.

And recently Snowmobiling

·
Registered
197 Posts
When I'm not working, playing with my kids, or admiring my beautiful Frontier, I like to make music. I have guitars from Washburn, Gibson, Guild, Cort and Jackson, and I play through Fender amps. Also have a Fender Jazz bass and a Sonor drum kit, along with our piano. Mostly classic/hard rock, some outlaw country here and there.

Be well everyone!

IMG_8651.jpeg

1 - 20 of 58 Posts