Nissan Frontier Forum banner

5941 - 5960 of 5976 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
Love the music from both no question, but Sammy wins the battle for me.

DLR... just too much ego for my taste, too much love for himself.

Sammy.. Just a down to earth guy who loves what he does and rocks it out.

Sammy rocks out, totally.
Was a huge fan of his before VH.
When he joined I remember thinking this would be the best band EVER.
I wasn't wrong in that expectation but still Dave started it so I can't say I can actually pick who is better as the frontman, just interested in your guys (gals) opinions.
Carry on.

On another note (get it, NOTE, ha ha) anybody listened to Royal Blood yet?
Newish band, they have the old rock sound going on, good riffs and the vocalist can reach notes that I'd need my ballz in a vice to hit.
Lyrics are deep enough to be interesting but not so deep as to have you scratching your head when you hear them.

Music has always been important here at the G's house.
I'm always trying to find something new to listen to.
This is a good thread for that.

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Looks like it falls on us old guys to inject some quality musical culture (that's spelled "B-L-U-E-S") into this thread:

http://youtu.be/WAa-lCowVMY

Now, don't be confused. That black disc isn't a mutant CD. It's a 45 RPM "record". It's made of vinyl, and back in the early paleolithic era we primitives used them (and our newly developed opposable thumbs) to record and play back the best music ever made. This golden age persisted until about 1979 AD, after which the glorious tunes empire collapsed under relentless siege from the barbaric tribes known as disco, new wave and hair bands. What followed were the Dark Ages that sill oppress us to this day.

Oh, and....get off my lawn!!!

·
Administrator
7,853 Posts
^ :laugh:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Been listening to a lot of Umphrey's McGee, because they're better than your band and mine too.
Also Toto, Rush, U2, The Police, Queen, Bobby Womack, The Brothers Johnson, Peter Gabriel, The Band, Iron Maiden, Transatlantic, The Flower Kings, Talking Heads... And the new local radio station around here plays 90's hip hop like De La Soul, Digital Underground, Tribe Called Quest, etc. It's now preset #1 .

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I'm kinda digging the Uma Therman song by Fallout Boy.

·
Registered
242 Posts
As I saw this thread and read through it.....
Sponge - Plowed
Saves the Day - Shoulder to the Wheel

I'm a 90's music fan. I graduated high school in 98' so the 90's music was during my prime. Never really left it.

And Spin Doctors just came on at the end of this post. Wow I'm getting old!!

·
Administrator
7,853 Posts

·
Administrator
7,853 Posts
^ Nice! I do love the classics : )
I think "Got the time" is my fav but so much good stuff to choose from.

5941 - 5960 of 5976 Posts
About this Discussion
6K Replies
489 Participants
Munga Brown
Nissan Frontier Forum
Welcome to our Nissan Frontier Forum! A premier community to share your mods and builds. Chat with like-minded Frontier owners.
Full Forum Listing