Senior Moderator
4,558 Posts

·
Administrator
7,853 Posts

·
Administrator
7,853 Posts
Was listening to the Farewell tour of Queensryche with Geoff Tate at the Vegas HOB last night. What an amazing show!

·
Senior Moderator
4,558 Posts

·
Senior Moderator
4,558 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
Dave or Sammy?
Gotta ask.
Van Halen has been a staple in this house for more years than I want to count.
Let the debate start . . . . .

·
Administrator
7,853 Posts
^ Both! I love the early stuff but Sammy is just so cool. He was the perfect lead for the "later" years.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
My 17 year old son knows the difference.
Not saying he has the answer though at his age.
My kid is cool like that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Dave or Sammy?
Gotta ask.
David Lee Roth. I understand that bands must carry on and Sammy Hagar kicks ***. That being said, the original Van Halen lineup was lightning in a bottle - and the lightning left along with DLR. Alice in Chains ain't lightning without Layne Staley. Skynyrd ain't lightning without Ronnie Van Zandt. The Who is Pete Townsend, Roger Daltrey AND Keith Moon AND John Entwhistle . The Clash is Joe Strummer, Mick Jones AND Topper Headon AND Paul Simonon. You can't really f#%k around with lightning.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
DLR FTW! That said, VH could not have chosen a better 2nd frontman in SH.

I caught VH in Sindelfingen, Germany in Summer '80. VH opened for Lucifer's Friend = BOTH totally rocked the house. Had I chosen to travel a few more miles I could have taken in Led Zeppelin in Berlin = their final show w/ John Bonham. -sigh-

As far as right now, I'm listening to Govt Mule covering Pink Floyd = Dark Side of the Mule...!

·
Registered
97 Posts
What I'm listening to this week is: Soundgarden(Superunknown), Lou Reed(Transformer), Jeff Beck(Wired), Sex Pistols(Never Mind the Bollocks). Sometimes, however, there's nothing better than listening to VQ40 on the open road.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
There is a demo disk of VH early stuff titled Zero from 1976 floating around.
I've been jamming that lately with all 600 watts in my truck, well a good bit of the 600 watts anyway. :lol:

After they put out A Different Kind of Truth in 2012 I realized a lot of that material was recycled older stuff, it just had that sound and that's how I found the album "Zero".

There is also a Warner Brothers Demos and Remastered stuff disk put out in 2011 I believe with old VH stuff for those interested.

I know it's old music but VH has always been in my top 20 bands list, probably top 10 actually.
Ahh, the old 80's hair bands, what would we have ever done without them?

·
Administrator
7,853 Posts
I bought a couple of the remastered CDs a year or two ago. VH and 1984 I think. It's like being back in junior high all over again : )
I spend 90% of my listening time in the truck tuned to SXM Hair Nation. Non-stop 80s hair bands. Can't get enough haha!

·
Super Moderator
3,047 Posts
Dave or Sammy?
Gotta ask.
Love the music from both no question, but Sammy wins the battle for me.

DLR... just too much ego for my taste, too much love for himself.

Sammy.. Just a down to earth guy who loves what he does and rocks it out.

5921 - 5940 of 5976 Posts