·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the dB rating?
What's the Frequency (Hz)?

I know it draws on a 12v power source
I know it's "Low Note"

I have heard that the FIAMM AM80 is the same equipment as ours. True?

http://www.fiammamerica.com/Product.asp?ProductID=154

Lastly... when two horns operate together, does that double the dB output or is there other math to consider?

Basically, I want to find a single horn that at least matches the OEM dual setup.

--

NOTE: I excluded the '05 model because they only have a single horn (OEM) and I'm not sure whether it's the same part as the horn (x2) in the '06+ models.

Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Crap horn

My 05 horn doesn't even scare little baby bunnies, REALLY! My wife's 06 Pathfinder, we just picked up, blows it away. We both had a great laugh when we heard it. I think I might just steal hers!

·
Registered
250 Posts
For 2008, my horns are FIAAM AM80S, one low-note and one high-note (L and H are stamped on the horns).

From the FIAAM 2009 catalog (pg 14):

Frequency is 405 Hz (low) 500 Hz (high)
110 dBA each
Draw 9 amps of power

http://www.fiammamerica.com/media/documents/09Catalog.pdf

Confusing things is that their catalog on pg. 3 also lists an AM-80S (with a dash in the part number) which is a lot louder at 125 dBA. I assume it would be stamped on the horn with the "dash" in the part number, so I think I've got the 110 dBA versions (see the thumbnail).

Since they're different frequencies I don't think having two makes them any louder (but not sure). If they were the same frequency having two of them only raises the total level to 113 dBA. I don't know the math behind it, but found calculators online - two sources at 110 dB yields 113 dB.

If you've got the AM80S you should be able to replace the pair with one AM-80S Trumpet Horn and end up with something a lot louder (I think that's what you linked to in your OP based on its specs). There's also an AM-80S Freeway Blaster at 130 dBA that's even louder.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,053 Posts
An old triple horn set out of a Cadillac does the trick.

Clint

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
My 05 horn doesn't even scare little baby bunnies, REALLY! My wife's 06 Pathfinder, we just picked up, blows it away. We both had a great laugh when we heard it. I think I might just steal hers!
yeah I heard they used Sentra horns in 05. Also after 05 they moved the location of the horn.. I I keep killing after market horns, with them being in front of the radiator like is in 05 I tend to get filled up with sand and mud.

·
Registered
832 Posts
LOL yeah the horn on my 05 nismo is weak sauce.

I love the little high pitch eee eeeeee horn on my rodeo. I live in a small county, honking in ppl's driveways or honking by someone's house just had my signature .. im thinking ill put the same horn in my frontier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts