Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 needs Ball joints, Might as well do the tie rod ends and center link. So I search the internet and keep seeing these kit with all the the joints, ends , UCA, LCA plus some. All in a kit for $99.00. Is this for real ? a scam? or just cheap stuff that no one should buy??

I would appreciate some input. Thanks

·
Registered
654 Posts
If it's on the internet and it sounds too good to be true in my experience it usually is. What I do in these situations is go to the old school parts store that still has a machine shop and walk in and say Hey Jim or Fred or whatever the name is, I'm looking to do this can we put something together. There will be one in your area that all the mechanics and shops go to, I'm not talking about the newer chains with kids behind the counter handing you boxes of stuff they don't even know what it is. A good counter person at a reputable store will give you great advice and know-how also. Unfortunately soon there no longer will be places like this or hardware stores like this. Better use them while we still can.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it's on the internet and it sounds too good to be true in my experience it usually is. What I do in these situations is go to the old school parts store that still has a machine shop and walk in and say Hey Jim or Fred or whatever the name is, I'm looking to do this can we put something together. There will be one in your area that all the mechanics and shops go to, I'm not talking about the newer chains with kids behind the counter handing you boxes of stuff they don't even know what it is. A good counter person at a reputable store will give you great advice and know-how also. Unfortunately soon there no longer will be places like this or hardware stores like this. Better use them while we still can.
Like the old neighborhood gas station with cane seat chairs and the rear two legs that are shorter than the front two. Because on any given evening there would about 12 old fellars leaning back against store walls carving on an apple or whittle a wooden whistle for the grandchild. RC cola with peanuts in it while eating a moon pie and telling the biggest whoppers you ever heard in your entire life. As a young boy I listened to these whoppers and they taught me how and where to catch the biggest creek trout that the Appalachian Mountains had to offer.
Sorry, Got caught up. YES those places are long gone.
Thanks for the advice Marcusfrontrange.You are 100% right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts