Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today i went to the lake from 10:00 am to about 5:00 pm. I was swimming almost most of the time i was there. then around 4:30 i realized i had forgotten my keys in my pocket. Anyways, I went to the truck and tried it and it worked like a charm...turns out theres some kind of rubber inbetween the two plastic pieces that helped keep the electronics safe.

·
Registered
602 Posts
hmm thats pretty cool
but i wouldn't want to do it my luck it wouldnt work again

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
It is pretty water tight. I have dumped mine a few times ocean kayaking.

Recently, Zoomzoom turned me onto a GREAT eBay deal for the keyless entry so I don't plan on taking my keys near the water from now on.

I believe Zoomzoom has given people the heads up on these deals a few times, it was WAY cheap, and the seller shipped really quickly.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It is pretty water tight. I have dumped mine a few times ocean kayaking.

Recently, Zoomzoom turned me onto a GREAT eBay deal for the keyless entry so I don't plan on taking my keys near the water from now on.

I believe Zoomzoom has given people the heads up on these deals a few times, it was WAY cheap, and the seller shipped really quickly.
How does it work/install? You wouldn't have that link handy, would you?

06nismoKC, nevermind on the link, I just spotted it. Still wondering about the install though.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
It's basically a key fob that is a keypad instead of one button. It works wirelessly just like your key fob does and it is installed with 2-sided sticky 3M tape. You program it the same way you would an extra key fob, it's very easy and convenient! I use mine when I go to the gym or hunting and don't want to carry my keys around.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I've put mine through the washing machine on accident and didn't know it until I heard the clanking in the drier and it still worked. I still want a keyless pad though!

·
Registered
430 Posts
so today i went to the lake from 10:00 am to about 5:00 pm. I was swimming almost most of the time i was there. then around 4:30 i realized i had forgotten my keys in my pocket. Anyways, I went to the truck and tried it and it worked like a charm...turns out theres some kind of rubber inbetween the two plastic pieces that helped keep the electronics safe.
I did the exact same thing and mine still works too! That's quality construction!!

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
I researched and found this very thread. It seemed worthy of a resurrection.
~ I never plan to wash my FOB. Accidents are never planned. So, hopefully this isn't just a matter of time, but I'm not holding my breath.
~ I've successfully(?!!) washed my gal's Honda Fit's FOB at least 3 times, but never dried it...and it still works.
~~ This Honda FOB is a one-piece key-FOB...so guessing it would be more expensive to replace?

Has anyone ruined their Nissan FOB with water to the point of replacement?
Yeah, I know mowing a FOB will render it useless. -heh-

·
Premium Member
9,769 Posts
I researched and found this very thread. It seemed worthy of a resurrection.
~ I never plan to wash my FOB. Accidents are never planned. So, hopefully this isn't just a matter of time, but I'm not holding my breath.
~ I've successfully(?!!) washed my gal's Honda Fit's FOB at least 3 times, but never dried it...and it still works.
~~ This Honda FOB is a one-piece key-FOB...so guessing it would be more expensive to replace?

Has anyone ruined their Nissan FOB with water to the point of replacement?
Yeah, I know mowing a FOB will render it useless. -heh-
The snow blower does a job on a FOB too, lol.
Two brand new ones on ebay was $25. Owner got an aftermarket alarm and didn't need them.

Clint

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Yeah, score one for the snowblower. LOL
New ones were easily reprogrammable I take it?

Are these keyless keypad mods referenced above still around?

·
Premium Member
9,769 Posts
I followed the online instructions and they programmed very easily.
Once the snow melted I did find the keys and ring they were on the FOB was just destroyed. Oh well, now I keep the pockets zipped and nothing can fall out again.
You'd have to search but I believe they don't make those key pad remotes anymore.

Clint

·
Premium Member
9,769 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here's my wife's keys after a mower accident about 3 weeks ago.

We ended up ordering replacement key fobs down amazon and I programmed then my self with the help of a video on YouTube. It was very easy.

I used this exact procedure and it worked great. Make sure you have all your remotes with you and follow the steps exact or else it won't work.

https://youtu.be/30TBRP1Mn5w

1 - 13 of 13 Posts