Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'll try to be as descriptive as possible. I'm just looking for ideas or where/what to start checking. So I have a 01 4x4 XE king cab Manual trans 3.3L. Ok so I've been working on my truck the last week or so trying to do every maintenance req. as I am not sure when things were done last. But I removed my bumper and wheel panel so I could do the air box mod. I did the box mod and decided now would be a good time to put my winch on. Well I put it on and wired up, and when I go to test it, it just makes a click sound. So I begin to remove it so I can see what's going on and I must have bumped something cause all the sudden it sparked. Well now my truck cranks but won't start, my obd won't connect, and my fuel pump turns on and stays on. I changed my spark plugs, checked fuses, dropped my tank and cleaned it out. Pump was tested and I get about 40 psi. My return fuel line quick connect snapped off at the tank, so I have a line hooked to it and draining back into the tank. I pulled my dist. cap and it looked a little corroded, despite it having less then 1500 miles on it. I am at a loss at where to start looking. My connections appear to be solid

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The only wires I have checked out are the battery posts (ground and power to fuse box) I haven't gone to the starter yet, and then the fuel pump relay followed by the ones going to my fuel tank. They all checked out except I'm not sure about the larger of the two connections at the fuel tank on weather it should be powered with the truck running or not. I assume it should but have been unable to test it as my tank return started spittin gas out on me so I pulled the fuse to the pump. I will do my best for pictures, however I have this truck torn apart so I can do varies tasks. After I changed the spark plugs and before it dumped gas on me, I was able to get it to start but only for a fraction of a second

·
Registered
194 Posts
If I disconnect and reconnect my battery my truck won't start UNLESS I lock and unlock the truck with the key fob NOT the lock switch in the door.

Found that out the hard way after blowing a fuse will wiring up a usb outlet with the battery still connected. Anyway, hope you get your truck back up and running.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally found my issue. It turns out in my haste to do so much in so little time I misjudged the damage I caused while extracting a broken bolt under the hood. As it would turn out, I ended up drilling through my main wire harness, despite the appearance that I had not. This so easily avoided problem has made me remember that one little sign/flag they stick in the ground everywhere, "know before you dig" and how such a simple thing as just looking under something can save a world of headache, not to mention the money spent to find the issue -doh!-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts