Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah well it happend to me, i was backing out of my driveway and there was a an 06 dodge CC parked directly in front of the Driveway across the street. i was parked on the far side of the driveway against the RR ties and had to back out further before i could crank the wheel. cranked it and boom :censor::censor::censor::censor::comphead: i caved in the drivers rear door. screwed my bumper tail light and i have a dent in the box where it shoved the bumper into it. its not like i was being a dipshit and not paying attention. i was lookin in my mirrors and all. god i feel like ****.

so im in the market for a bumper now. i think im gunna go with calmini. and eventually get the fornt bumper down the road too.

:crikey::comphead:

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I hate when people park like that. I just end up running over people's lawns to avoid situations like this.

I have also started just backing into my neighbors driveway when they park on the street. It makes it easier for me and it only disrupts their sons Bball game for a couple of seconds.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
sounds like that dodge deserved it. should of backed into them again just in case they didnt get the point.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I dont' get it... driveways don't always set directly across from each other where I come from.

·
Registered
409 Posts
wow that blows... im always scared of doing that. i think i almost did one time.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Driveways here are across as well..... hey you just did what dodge asks, dont dodge it...Ram it!!

Lmfao!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
that sux... i got dark tint in front every time i back up at night i roll the windows down just in case... i hope it wont be that expensive....

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that sux... i got dark tint in front every time i back up at night i roll the windows down just in case... i hope it wont be that expensive....
yeah i have 20% but it wasnt at night lol

its about 1500$ I have to eat.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
A lot of people don't think about the risk of where they park.

When I was in college we watched an idiot driver park his car at the bottom of a hill at the end of a street in an ice storm. I said, "That's not too bright." and within five minutes another car came down the hill, slid on ice and T-boned the parked car.

I feel for ya TheOregonAW. Rearward visibility from today's pickups is not so good because we're up high. There's a blind spot behind us. I arrived at work the other day and a guy in a little red sports car rolled up a foot behind me. I was preparing to back up and checked my mirror, and saw a tiny sliver of his roof behind my truck. Thank heaven I saw it, else I'd have backed into him. It'd have been my fault, BUT drivers of little cars should recognize that we often can't see them.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
sounds like that dodge deserved it. should of backed into them again just in case they didnt get the point.
I know in certain situations they can get the ticket because of where they park. A damn 98 dodge ram ran into the rearend of my 04 Honda CRV. That *******. I wanted to put his car on fire. He was my neighbor too which sucked because i passed his house on my usual way to anywhere in Deland. I never did anything because i aint stupid but honestly you made me smile cus you unintentially got my revenge lol i wanted. :goodjob:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I know the feeling. One time I was running late to get to work so I was rushing around at 6 in the morning. I ran out to my truck and threw it in reverse to back into a driveway and turn around. As soon as i stepped ont he gas, boom, then bang, then thud. I knew exactly what happend. I backed into a bike that was parked perpindicular to the curb right behind my truck. The shitty part is I knew it was there because It was already parked there the day before when I got home, and I told myself that night, "remember the bike behind your truck." Then I had to try to lift this 500lb bike by myself, oh yea, I was suppossed to leave for Paris the next day. Insurance covered it though and there was no damage to my truck, but his bike got toasted, I still feel bad for crushing that bike.:thatswck:

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Well, I finally backed into something -- my wife's Subaru in the garage. Fortunately there was zero damage to either vehicle. Her Subie has black plastic bumpers and they absorbed the bump without a mark on her car or my chrome rear bumper.

I thought she wasn't home and between the blinding sun outside and shade in the garage and Frontier's height, I didn't back in with care nor look carefully. Lesson learned at $0.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Beast gets scarred

Well my baby has officially been hit and run'd. Getting breakfast this morning for my son and returning to her, I see the mark. Right rear side, and just above the bumper. No witnesses, no note, just a gash in it.:censor::censor::censor:

·
Registered
331 Posts
I was in my hardbordy a few years back at a gas station (the only one thats out buy the airport here) My girl and i just got back in town. Anyway in my hardbody at gas station and i had some dumbass back in the side of my truck while we were stll in it! We watched focker back up about 20 feet right into us. We were in a line to the pump so we couldn't move my the horn didn't work either. We watched him crush my door. He jumped out and said he was sorry and gave me a $50 bill. I just went home popped off the door panel and pushed out the dent.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
I was in my hardbordy a few years back at a gas station (the only one thats out buy the airport here) My girl and i just got back in town. Anyway in my hardbody at gas station and i had some dumbass back in the side of my truck while we were stll in it! We watched focker back up about 20 feet right into us. We were in a line to the pump so we couldn't move my the horn didn't work either. We watched him crush my door. He jumped out and said he was sorry and gave me a $50 bill. I just went home popped off the door panel and pushed out the dent.
He only gave you 50 bucks??? wat an arzhole.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well my baby has officially been hit and run'd. Getting breakfast this morning for my son and returning to her, I see the mark. Right rear side, and just above the bumper. No witnesses, no note, just a gash in it.:censor::censor::censor:
That sucks nitewulf. I had that happen to me on a college campus before, but most places have cameras now a days.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts