Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well looks like I will be getting rid of the Frontier. Though I love the truck I just need a bigger one for towing. Probably will be picking up a 14 Chevy. Nothing against the Fords and Dodges, I just like the Chevy better. I would consider the new body style Titan but at this point they are just too expensive. Not usually a fan of silver/grey but I do like it on this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,883 Posts
That is a nice truck, good luck.

Clint

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,649 Posts
make wheel wells round again.
tires arent square lol...

jk, good luck on the new purchase!
If you walk back to the edge of the room and then squint - they almost look round. :laugh:

OP - nice truck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
2014 was the first year of those new generation Silverado's. Inspect it well for transmission , drivetrain vibration and interior fitment issues.

I had a late 2014 build Silverado and took the loss and traded it within six months because of various issues.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I have done quite a bit of research. I'm taking it for a good long drive tomorrow. I'm not too worried about the transmission as it is the same 6 speed that's been in Silverado's for a while. But there is the "Chevy shake" thing. Overall though I haven't seen any major super common issues with the 14s unless I am missing the threads.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes I have done quite a bit of research. I'm taking it for a good long drive tomorrow. I'm not too worried about the transmission as it is the same 6 speed that's been in Silverado's for a while. But there is the "Chevy shake" thing. Overall though I haven't seen any major super common issues with the 14s unless I am missing the threads.

Every brand builds an occasional turd. What I notice when I had my Chevy, is that their boards will donate a whole forum section to their problems when usually the other brand forums will just have a single thread.

2014 / 2015 / 2016 Silverado & Sierra Issues, Troubleshooting, & Recalls/Service Bulletins - GM-Trucks.com

I would peruse this section before buying any Chevy. Also, Chevy/GMC 1/2 ton's have wax coated frames. I would look into that also.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yeah I'm member of that forum as I had a Chevy in the past. It's not just the topic of problems that has its own section. Everything has its own section over there. Which can kinda get annoying when you just want a "general" section. I am also keeping in mind there are probably around 2 million of 14+ Chevys trucks on the road right now. As well as truck guys probably are more inclined to get on a forum and talk about their truck. Of course the boards are going to be full of stuff.

Saying all that it is a bit concerning for me as it's always said to avoid first year redesign.

·
Registered
73 Posts
In the end, it is your decision to make. I just like to see people make the most informed decision they can. Sometimes getting new or "new to you" car/truck fever can make one overlook the warts sometimes.

Obviously this one you are looking at has been around the block per say. So it hopefully is well seasoned and any issues has already reared it's head and been taken care of.

Whatever you decide, wish you the best.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well looks like I will be getting rid of the Frontier. Though I love the truck I just need a bigger one for towing. Probably will be picking up a 14 Chevy. Nothing against the Fords and Dodges, I just like the Chevy better. I would consider the new body style Titan but at this point they are just too expensive. Not usually a fan of silver/grey but I do like it on this one.

what is wrong with the new Titan XDs? you could get a very good deal on leftover 2016 XD Models? ::smile::

Just my 2 cents::grin::

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would but the difference between my Frontier and the Silverado is a couple grand. The difference on even a used titan with the features I would want is like 15 grand.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice truck. On July 9th it will be a year that I did the same thing and traded my Frontier for a new 2016 Silverado. And for the same reason to haul more stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts