Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning when I left work I ran into a problem I've not seen before. I have an '05 Frontier and when I got and started it, it sounded a little weak. It started right up, but all the gauge lights went off for about 15 seconds, then when they came back on all the gauges (RPM, oil pressure, temp, and voltmeter) were bottomed out (like the truck wasn't on). After a few seconds they all went back to normal and were reading within normal ranges. The tripmeter reset also. The radio and presets were fine, the compass and thermometer were fine, and all the gauges read in the normal range all the way back home (about a fifteen minute drive). The headlights seemed to be a little dimmer, but it was 5:00am and I had been working 12 hours, so it may have been me that was a little dimmer). There were no indications of problems the previous time I drove it, two days prior, and everything worked great as usual. It sounds to me like it's the battery, what says the group?
Thanks for any info,
Russ

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
check the battery. clean the terminals and check the voltage while off and while running.

·
Registered
770 Posts
could be ipdm

·
Registered
492 Posts
Take it to Auto Zone or Advance Auto and let them put the battery checker on it. It will check your battery and check your charging.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Opted for the battery check first since it was free anyway, that's what it was. Thanks for the suggestions.
Russ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts