Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any issues with their stock radio staying on after you turned off the truck and took the keys out of the igintion?

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Yeah, with chevy's they don't turn off until the doors are opened. I wouldn't know about a second gen because I have a old 1st gen that had a crappy radio

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket alarm?

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
radio should stay on till the door is opened or about 10ish minutes, which ever comes first. makes it nice when you are waiting for someone to just run into the gas station or something, you can turn off the truck and save some gas but not have to worry about keeping everyother accessory on. or if a really good song is on but not over when you get to where you are going you can turn off the truck and wait till the song is over before opening the door and getting on with life. not a needed feature in my mind, but a nifty one

:noworries:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Mine does it every now and then. Not all the time though. I didn't notice it with the stock radio because I only had it in there for a week till I got a dash kit for my aftermarket HU. Sometimes it stays on, sometimes it shuts off right away. I don't worry about it lol. I've also got a remote start, sub amp, and power inverter hard wired in it.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
radio should stay on till the door is opened or about 10ish minutes, which ever comes first...
^:( mine doesn't do it.. just came in from fiddlin' with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts