Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it?

That might as well be the extent of this post, but I guess I will describe it in more detail. Went on a couple of hundred mile highway drive for work yesterday. Prior to this my truck had not been over 60 mph and had not been out of 4 hi for close to 3 weeks; driven almost daily. We have been in the midst of a record snowfall breaking month. I have some slight vibrations caused by my snow tires losing some of its tire weights (assumed) at speeds higher and starting at 65. I am about 20 miles from home and all of a sudden I get some loud squealing noise, and is cyclical with the speed of the vehicle. I was about to pull off the highway and check but before I do I hit a stretch of wet road and the sound goes away. My first thought that it was a failed U joint. They make a similar sound and the wet might have lubed it up enough to silence things. Give it a quick once over and nothing looked out of place. Did not get a chance to crawl under and do a detailed inspection.

If not the u joint, maybe it was a piece of gravel lodged somewhere.

Yes not a lot of info to go off of.

Anyone want to venture a guess.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
where was the sound coming from? I had squealing in my brakes and it turned out there was a pebble stuck in there.

Need to narrow down the location.

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no idea where the sound is coming from. This post was written slightly tongue in cheek as I often read post similar. No real information given. But a solution sought.

So far the sound has not come back. Figured something like you mentioned. A pebble of piece of gravel got stuck somewhere for a couple of miles then worked itself free.

Or somethings in my truck is about to BLOW!!

·
Registered
920 Posts
I've had gravel lodged in between my rotor and backing plate that squealed. Reversed 50ft or so and it came out and all is well since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts