Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my truck for a month or two now and I've noticed a weird noise every morning. When I pull out of the driveway and reach around 15mph I hear a weird clicking sound from underneath the truck. And No, it's not the auto-door locks - this is a separate sound. It only seems to happen in the morning? I have a 4x4 with manual transmission if that makes a difference.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes! I have the exact same noise and will always be at 15mph. It sounds like the doors locking (separate sound) but muffled and coming from the engine bay somewhere. No idea what it is, but I assume it is normal since it has being doing it since brand new.

·
Super Moderator
11,068 Posts
Yes, it is the abs doing a self test.

Clint

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Just in case the two correct answers weren't clear. That is your brakes specifically the Antilock Braking System doing a self check to be sure all is well.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
i can also confirm this with the other two above me, its the ABS self test. its just cycling the abs pump really quick to bring up the pressure and make sure all is working right. if something was wrong with the system at this time it should catch the problem and your abs light would come on so you can breath easy everytime it does the test and the light doesn't come on knowing that its working correctly.

·
Super Moderator
11,068 Posts
All my Nissans have done it but some where very noticeable and the last two are very quiet to the point of if you weren't paying attention it would go unnoticed.

Clint

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had my truck for a month or two now and I've noticed a weird noise every morning. When I pull out of the driveway and reach around 15mph I hear a weird clicking sound from underneath the truck. And No, it's not the auto-door locks - this is a separate sound. It only seems to happen in the morning? I have a 4x4 with manual transmission if that makes a difference.

Any ideas?
I have the same exact noise/clunk in my 2016 auto tran. Around 10 mph, a split second before the auto door lock turns on while driving. It doesn't happen all the time though, just after cold starts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts