Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll give you the rundown here, yesterday night we were mudding at a place with some deep ruts and big clayish mud filled holes with my 2002 Nissan Frontier 2wd Desert Runner. Well we took a curve and my front left tire got punctured and got a flat and we got stuck.

Only option was to go back and forth to get on flat ground, so drive to reverse over and over rev limiter. After we got unstuck and the tire fixed we hit the biggest mudhole there and succeeded. On way to the next spot I hear some whizzing or some weird exhaust sound, didn't think anything of it. Next place was a flat field full of mud and grass, we hit it with 1st gear then 2nd and just done donuts and slid every which way and thats when my truck started staying at around 1500rpm and wouldn't go up to 2000rpm without stomping on the petal to get up to speed. Usually its pretty smooth but last night it was just stuck at 1500rpm going about 45-50mph then when I get to 60-65mph it'll get a slight hair over 2000rpm

I was thinking maybe it was a sensor and it was overheating, but don't know anything about Frontier.

·
Premium Member
7,123 Posts
Welcome to Limp Mode. Codes?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to Limp Mode. Codes?
If you mean hooking it up to that **** under the steering wheel and getting a code if anything is wrong, well I don't have one of those. I could go to my local mechanic or a buddy but today I hit some jumps and you can really notice a humming noise after going about 45-50

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Most of the big chain auto parts stores will read a code for you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts