Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Frontier. The VIN brings it up as 2002 and the title says the same thing. The weird part is when I bought an idler arm for a 2002 it didn't fit or look anything like what was on my truck. I then went back and the guy pulled one for a 2001 and it was a match. Did they make maybe a 2001.5? Oh yeah. The front brake pads also had to be pulled for a 2001. Has anybody else run into this?

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
are you trying to interchange parts from a 4cyl to a v6? they don't mix.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If you're buying your parts from a Nissan dealer, always have them look up your parts by VIN. They know about the rolling changes - but in the aftermarket that's not always the case. Does your truck have the three pod instrument cluster and the chrome "hamburger" on the tailgate handle finisher instead of the written "NISSAN" stamped in the plastic?

Heath

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
98-00 frontiers parts may differ from 01-04 frontier parts.

4cyl-v6 parts may also differ.

the 01-04 generation didn't really get any new features (or 'facelift' as they say) that don't allow part exchanging, other then some 4cyl and v6 parts are not interchangable.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have always found it interesting that the '01 Frontier shares it's interior, and road shield (curls down on the right side) with the 98-00 and has a different tailgate handle finisher. Nissan has a habit of revising a model and then revising it again shortly thereafter. Like bringing the G35 here in '03 and then doing a mid year revision to the trunk lid and deleting the halogen headlamp option... it's like the designers can't make up their minds or something...

Heath

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
road shield?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Never know what to call that thing... the plastic cover that's bolted under the engine to keep water and dirt from splashing up on the engine and drive belts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been so busy I forgot to reply...The guy at the parts counter definitely wasn't getting me the 4cyl parts. These were shown as 2002 v6 (non-sc) 4wd king cab parts. The idler arm and brake pads were just completely different than what I had on my truck. Mine does have the 3 pods and the chrome circle/nissan symbol on the tailgate handle.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
2003-2004 use different brakes than the 2002 and earlier. But that doesn't explain your issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts