Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my abs is weird it seems like it snow and dirt. Not sure if there is just slush or dirt getting in the rotors when I brake or what. Just doing some hard braking in these condtions and it seems like i get the lock of all lock ups and loose all ability to brake. Is this normal for 4wheel abs? And my frontier has 17,000 miles on it and this is by far the worst vehicle brakes i have owned, is anyone else like this? Spongy pedal to the floor?

·
Registered
572 Posts
bummer mine works fine even in the mud take it to nissan your truck should still be under warranty

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think that anything is wrong personally, can anyone confirm the pulsating feeling in the pedal, with the ABLS off road in 4x4 HI and LOW

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
ABS is very sensitive offroad for these trucks. Its probally normal but wouldnt hurt to have them checked since your under warrenty.

The brakes on these trucks have a very different feel then most brakes due to all the electronics associated with them. I personally wouldnt call them "the worst brakes ever" but to each their own. I've been in more then one "oooh sh*t" situation on and offroad and i can say the brakes have done their job.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yeah, your experience sounds similar to how mine does. A grindy/pulsing feeling in clay and thick mud when hitting the brakes hard.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, your experience sounds similar to how mine does. A grindy/pulsing feeling in clay and thick mud when hitting the brakes hard.
exactly

·
Registered
792 Posts
I've been on pavement before where I breaked hard and at the end of the break, it just started grinding. It also does it on gravel roads where there's lots of wheel hop.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You want really wierd try the hill descent control, sounds like every bolt in the truck is shearing off!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
You want really wierd try the hill descent control, sounds like every bolt in the truck is shearing off!
I still haven't had to use it yet, now that I really want to so I can experience that sound!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts