Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
Mine only slow the window for a couple of inches of travel when closing and it's hardly noticeable. Probably would be wise to decide pretty quickly on whether you want to keep them or not because once they've been installed for a considerable amount of time the window channel rubber may not return to original form thus creating obnoxious wind noise.
I like mine a lot and have become accustomed to immediately rolling the windows halfway down after washing and then I dry the visors and top of window. And with my one touch window modules I roll them up with 2 presses of the lock button on either the oem keyfob or my alarm remote to continue with the window drying.

Registered
My WT have been installed for several weeks, and all 4 windows work fine. They are slowed just a little bit upon raising the window, but not bogged down hard at all. The window motor seems to be taking it in stride. I've not read of anyone here attributing a window motor failure to them.

For the first few weeks, I'd use the etched window label as a visual queue that a window would be fully closed- the windows are always getting to the fully closed position.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
So far these things have not loosened up any, I may have to take them out and wait for warm weather, maybe that will help them loosen up. With the rubber being cold it doesn鈥檛 have as much flex. I still sometimes have to help the window up just for the motors sake.

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Can you tell me what type of silicone spray or brand you guys use, I don鈥檛 want to end up getting something that will some how get sticky.. lol my luck!

Rogue Admin
Can you tell me what type of silicone spray or brand you guys use, I don鈥檛 want to end up getting something that will some how get sticky.. lol my luck!
Usually, I use some stuff from VW that is quite light in the silicone base. However, I just had my whole door panel off and I cleaned the regulator track and regreased with head tube grease for a mountain bike and sprayed my lower seals with penetrating lube - my window is flying up and down and it is -8 here.

Premium Member
PB Blaster has a dry lube made for window tracks, you can find it at Lowe鈥檚 or online. Anything that stays somewhat wet will attract dirt and debris.

Clint

21 - 32 of 32 Posts