Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a good way to make your old weathertech floor mats look brand new. Good old fashion Comet Cleanser and a scrub brush. That gives them the deep satin finish, not shinny or oily.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Probably a good candidate for a drill mounted scrub brush.

I've personally always preferred carpeted mats, even though I destroy them. (It's a texture thing, I like the carpet under my boots.) But if I ever cave and get a set of Weathertechs, I'll keep this tip in mind.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Not a bad tip. I've always used extra strength simple green aerosol and let it sit, then quick scrub and rinse with hot water

·
Registered
569 Posts
Probably a good candidate for a drill mounted scrub brush.

I've personally always preferred carpeted mats, even though I destroy them. (It's a texture thing, I like the carpet under my boots.) But if I ever cave and get a set of Weathertechs, I'll keep this tip in mind.
I have contemplated picking up a set of these drill brushes for the same function.
Annotation 2019-10-20 091902.png
I have 3DMaxpider in the Frontier, which are more of a rubber feel and are easier to clean, but I have MaxLiners in my wife's car which are rigid like WeatherTechs.

Anyone have any feedback on their quality?

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Read into this however you want:
Weathertech's consistent multi-page advertising in car/truck mags is a real turn-off...and I have a set, fwiw.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I like the carpet feel, too. But living in Oregon on a dirt road necessitates something more protective. In my ‘08, I had generic rubber all weather mats that helped, but didn’t provide enough coverage. This time, I got some WTs which fit great & provides good protection, but what I don’t like (but I’m sure I’ll get used to it, already am actually) is the stiff, plasticy feel to ‘em.

And yeah... their advertising is ridiculous. That’s why they cost so fuggin much.:mad:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I agree on the advertising. I feel the same way about Valentine One radar detectors because I swear the ads were on every other page of all the major auto magazines 20ish years ago.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I resent having their big @$$ logo so prominent on E V E R Y T H I N G. I have them, but double up with the Nissan all weather mats. I'm shopping for a nice, simple tag frame and won't consider theirs solely for that reason.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I currently have Weathertechs since they came with the truck. But I prefer the softer rubber, deep ridge
patterned mat I had in my previous King Cab as they kept my boots off the water. The Weathertech
closest models have shallower ridges/vanes and are a little 'louder' when shuffling my boots. Small
nits and not enough for me to spend the money to swap out. I recall the soft rubber ones were sourced
out of a Costco aisle but I don't recall the brand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts