Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a weapon r cold air intake for my 03 xe 4 cyl and noticed that the intake tubing doesn't have a hole for the Intake air temp. sensor. So I was wondering how to drill it out and get a good seal around it without totally ghetto rigging it? Let me know what you guys have done if you have had this issue or just throw me some suggestions if you got any.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Do you mean the Mass airflow sensor?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
i'd return it. thats a joke. any weapon r setup i have seen on several different vehicle looked GHETTO

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Got a picture? I didn't know that their was an air temp sensor on the intake tube too.

·
Registered
214 Posts
As long as I can remember working on cars Imports and Trucks Weapon R has never been known for fitting or of high quality. I know guys used to drill a hole in the intake pipe, insert a rubber grommet like for running wiring through firewall holes and then stick the air temp sesor in the hole/grommet. The pressure from the rubber grommet should seal the opening and also hold the sensor in place, so be very careful in choosing your drill hole size and grommet hole size you can always start small and go bigger but big is always too big. Might want to take your sensor to the hardware store and test fit grommets. Also some guys would put a bead of silicone around the outside of the sensor and intake tube just to be safe.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
i think he means the air flow sensor, my k&n intake has a fitting for that in my cone filter. sucks because he has no choice but to get the weapon r for his 4 banger.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If it is his air flow sensor then try to locate it in the same area as the factory one was. No joke I had a friend with a Nissan Maxima with a crappy Ebay intake and the shop just took his sensor and put it inside of the cone filter and slapped it onto the intake pipe. After 2 tanks of gas and relizing it was getting almost 8-10 mpg and running crappy he relized that his injectors had opened so far you could smell unburned gas in the engine bay, under the car, at the muffler and tail pipe and parkedover night the garage filled with gas fumes. He ended up pulling the whole thing off and going back to stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts