Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning All. I'm looking for a little help here. I changed my cabin air filter a couple of weeks ago because it was loaded with Maple helicopter seeds. I decided to shop vac out the rest on the cowl to prevent getting in new filter. Allot of leaves were degrading and made a paste that wouldn't vac out so i begrudgingly got the garden hose. I avoided starter alternator fuse and batteries but did not cover the abs controller. Now i have no 4x4, abs, or traction control which i believe are all tied to abs controller. I tried to dry out in sun and lights briefly turned off. Now for past 2 weeks they are on about 95 % of time but occasionally turn off. I pulled the controller harness and inspected no water damage no corrosion. I also pulled battery for half hr cleaned charged and reinstalled. I also checked alternator which is working properly and manually reset the computer with gas pedal key sequencing. Is there anything else i can do without going to dealer and bending over?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I would go over all electrical wires and connections. Especially by the fuse panel, there is a large loom of wires that come in under it. I had rodents chew mine and the minute water got there i had all sorts of problems. Just double check everything you can find.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Is there a special way to remove that pink fusable link for abs? I know sometimes they are bolted. I dont think its my problem because it occasionally goes off but wouldnt hurt to check it.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
I second kgordon. The primary fuse "module" sit beneath the larger plastic cover, relay box in front of it with a smaller cover, and the ECM beside both between the IPDM box and fender wall (with a small plastic cover). Did you wet any of that down? Where is the pink fusible link you're referring to? Do you have signs of rodent infiltration into the plastic looms? When I crawled into my bay I didn't see anything jumping out at me and I didn't want to go into full teardown yet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cannot see any rodent damage or damage otherwise. The pink 3 way fusable link im referring to is in main fuse box it contains abs fuse as well as trailer and something else.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
I cannot see any rodent damage or damage otherwise. The pink 3 way fusable link im referring to is in main fuse box it contains abs fuse as well as trailer and something else.
ok, lemme research :nerd:

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
was teh water sprayed all over? also, have you looked at your wheel sensors or brake pad thickness? If any part of the ABS system has a fault or sees an error it disables the ABS, VDC, and ABLS systems/features and transfer case motor/module/actuator thing. This is one example where I prefer sticks instead of knobs or buttons....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sprayed the water on the cowl and on plastic engine cover. I did all new pads and rotors about 10 mo ago. Going to friends house to pull code shortly hopefully. Dealer wants 200 for abs scan

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: Had code pulled Left Front Wheel Sensor Circuit Open/Short C1104 NISSAN - Front Left Sensor 1 upon inspection it ooks like i may need harness because wire is exposed on the male side not side connected to sensor so replacing sensor may not fix problem. Im going to try to use liquid electrical tape. Does anyone have part number for the abs harness?

·
Registered
374 Posts
glad you were able to find out what the problem was. The dealer would have charged you with a hefty bill lol. :serious:

·
Registered
374 Posts
That was all it was???????:surprise::surprise::surprise::serious: I am glad that you found the problem and that you fixed it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That was all it was???????:surprise::surprise::surprise::serious: I am glad that you found the problem and that you fixed it.
Yes either the water was one help of a coincidence or it tripped the light bc wire was exposed. Either way I'm happy to have it off. You don't appreciate summer without winter and you don't appreciate clear codes till you have a warning light. Thanks again everyone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts