Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tried searching both Forum search, and the google option... only thread i can find is someone asking if we HAVE a light.

I know we do because mine went off the other day and will not shut off. I filled the reservoir, no luck.. drained it.. and refilled.. still no luck..

Am I freaking missing something here? I bought my truck used and it did not come with a glove box manual so i cant check there.. don't see anything in FSM..

please do not tell me I have to actually do something other than just fill it to remove this annoying ****ing light!

James

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
you may want to check the pump at the bottom of the tank, you could have something plugging it or the hoses.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
run it, let it suck fluid for about ten seconds and see what happens. thats what i do and mine shuts off.

·
Registered
938 Posts
i never knew there was a low fluid light. i'm not sure if it's included on my xe trim line. i can see the indicator on the dash with a flashlight, but i have never seen it illuminated. i doubt my fluid has ever been low enough though. does it come on before starting the motor?

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
it comes on and stays on and turns off automatically when you fill it back up. pretty much comes on when the pump sucks air... i have never had it come on when the fluid was just low, only when it was completely empty.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nothing in the owner's manual -
http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan-manual/pdf/2003-Nissan-Frontier.pdf

Only thing I could find in the FSM is an electrical schematic in the Electrical - Driver Information section page DI-27. Looking at it, the low-washer-fluid sensor is by far the most likely culprit.

Looking at the parts diagram on Courtesy Nissan's site, it looks like the sensor ought to be replaceable. There's not enough detail in the picture, but it looks like it would insert into the bottom of the tank (probably with an o-ring) and then re-hook the electrical connector to it. You might try taking the washer reservoir out and see what it looks like on the bottom to see if this might do the trick. The sensor is $22 at Courtesy.

289 Windshield Washer :: Body Electrical :: Genuine Nissan Parts :: Frontier Parts (D22U) 1998-2004 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.