Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i finally got around to cranking my torsion bars. I was surprised when i got three inches of lift in the front afterwards!! I've never saw anyone else get that much out of it. Should i be worried about pushing it that far and should i get new shocks or any other suspension parts?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
it all depends your truck couldve been lower than others before they cranked their t bars

is your uca on the upper bumpstop? if so then you cranked to far

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Ahhh great ole t-bars!!! Sounds normal. They will take you all the way until the suspension maxes out in the front. If you have cranked them all the way and the suspension is not maxed out, you can re-index them for the maximum amount of lift. I would not suggest over doing this though. When you are going up it is kind of hard to fix camber.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
at 3inches you might need upper control arms to help with the camber

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
the angle your wheels sits. They start to tilt in at the top when you crank it up, causing uneven tire wear.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
nice! what tire size are you running?
i have no idea i told them i wanted the biggest tires without rubbing (this was before i cranked them) and he put em on ther- didnt rub at all. I cranked them now they rub when i turn far left or right. i guess that is due to my wheels slanting.

but now i have a 3" BL on the way and im gonna run 31" BFG ATs im sick of the MT sound and i was wanting to put some wheel spacers on there to, does anyone know what that will look like?

edit: are these the shocks I should get for the front? it says they are for those with a 3" suspension lift ( i guess that counts as crankin t-bars)

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/rancho-rs5000-front-shock-p-1863.html

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
UCA - upper control arm

The lift does include a torsion bar crank. Your shocks are probably streched to the max so those shocks would not be a bad idea. It might just go up some more if your stock shocks are holding it back.

When is the rear?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if i got new shocks, and it raised it even further, would my tires camber more? I might get some shakles in the rear and put those shocks in the front. be a good amount of lift ( with the BL i got today )

does anyone know if i can run 31-1050R-15C1 109S W BFG All-Terrains on stock wheels with that setup?

And i have recently gone against spacers, they cost to much.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
what happens after the 500 miles?
too much camber will eat the shoulder of your tire
if it goes on too long the metal bands will show
if you keep driving the tire is gonna blow out on you, you are gonna swerve, overcorrect, and slam into a bus load of nuns, killing them all instantly.

go get an alignment. asap. the life of your tires, and some random nuns depends on it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
k ill get the shocks and the alignment. anything else i should worry about?

and should i be able to clear 31s with the 3" BL??

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
....anything else i should worry about?....
Worry about how you are going to pay for your children's auto insurance. Crazy drivers are making rates everywhere go up, up, up.

Sorry my posts weren't helpful. The did bring a smile to my face though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts