Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an '07 Crew Cab 4x4. I've always wanted to lift it and give it a more 'off-roady' feel. but i'm afraid it will void the warranty. unfortunately i'm not familiar with the warranty. but i'm just looking for some opinions, or answers if available, on what all will void the warranty and how to avoid it. sorry if this has been asked, i searched and found nothing. thanks

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Ive got about 6" of lift on my truck and had it into the dealer on tuesday. They didnt say anything about it. The only thing it will void is if that part fails or if the lift made a part fail. That would void it. I however do all my own work, so warranty is something im not really concerned about.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
My understanding is it is the responsibility of the dealer to prove that the aftermarket lift caused the failure. If they can not provide concrete evidence then they are required to warranty the parts.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Usually a mod consists of taking something off and putting something "better" in its place. So of course you wouldn’t expect the dealer to warranty a part that didn’t come on the vehicle. Now if what you put in causes damage to another part you have a warranty on it is basically your word verses theirs. They can say your mod caused the damage to the part warranted and you can say it didnt. You vs. Them... They win... Basically there is no answer to this question as it all depends on who you talk to and what dealership you expect to warrant your warranty. So yes and no :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
i thought it was like terribleone said - the burden of proof is on the dealer to prove the lift caused the factory part to fail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts