Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Just looking for some opinions on whether a trip to the dealer is necessary or not haha

I have cab damage from my bed flexing and puncturing holes in the back right corner. At first, I thought maybe I was just going a little too ham, but the other corner of the truck bed has a different design (not as much of a point, therefore no punctures). It looks like it’s just a bad finish from the factory - worth seeing if Nissan will fix it ? Pics below

·
Registered
895 Posts
I think the dealership is going to say that whatever you did that caused the bed to flex far enough into the cab - causing dents on both sides - is probably your fault and is not covered under warranty. I think they are also going to say that the side of the bed that has that rusty point on it has that rusty point because the bed got smashed into the cab and caused it to look like that.

Reactions: turn8a and Zedbra

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the dealership is going to say that whatever you did that caused the bed to flex far enough into the cab - causing dents on both sides - is probably your fault and is not covered under warranty. I think they are also going to say that the side of the bed that has that rusty point on it has that rusty point because the bed got smashed into the cab and caused it to look like that.
Yea that’s what I’m afraid of. The dent is only on one side however - due to the bed being more pointy on that side - it isn’t rounded off like the other. Was hoping the fact that the left side being unscathed would help :/

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yea that’s what I’m afraid of. The dent is only on one side however - due to the bed being more pointy on that side - it isn’t rounded off like the other. Was hoping the fact that the left side being unscathed would help :/
sure looks like there is a dent on the other side in your last photo. Maybe its just the angle.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,005 Posts
To create that kind of flex, you may have a broken bed mount. I have ripped a few out over the years, repaired with more steel, then rinse and repeat

·
Registered
2014 Frontier SV Crew 4x2
89 Posts
Don’t embarrass yourself over this by even asking a dealership for warranty coverage. They will post it on a YouTube channel as “look another one!”
Obvious impact which broke open the paint and creating a corrosion “hot spot”. You must live near a beach or salt roads.

How is your rear bumper? If you have flexed your bed into the backcab, you gotta have rear bumper damage too. Which will provide more proof that it has been involved in a collision of some sort and not a warranty issue.

·
Registered
2016 Frontier S Crew Cab 4WD 6cyl Short bed
143 Posts
Don’t embarrass yourself over this
Body work is pricey. I'm willing to risk a little "embarrassment" after I walk out the door than pay for future problems that I could have avoided. I'm a firm believer that it rarely hurts to ask.

·
Registered
89 Posts
😔
YouTube loves these events. I love watching them too!

I’m just waiting for this one to show up...

·
Registered
27 Posts
If the dealership won't fix it, lightly sand the rust yourself and paint the bare spots. That looks like it might spread. Good luck amigo!

·
Registered
89 Posts
The dealership will repair it, if they have a body shop and the owner is paying or if the owners’ insurance is paying. Warranty excludes collision damage. Always has and always will.
OP even admitted that the bed flexed up into the back cab. Why is there a debate if the dealership will cover this?

Here’s the answer. Some people believe that they are entitled to have their poor behavior rewarded. Asking if someone else will pay for your ill fortune is defined as bad behavior.

...or their worn out pos never had mechanical issues prior to having a collision. Some people have to wake up and pay their own bills in life!

Don’t be a Karen! Don’t be stupid!

Reactions: pbethel

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
The risk of embarrassment is high. It could also affect future dealings with the dealer when you have a legitimate issue.

Earlier this week we had a chap who claimed clutch and pumpkin damage due to a collision. Another dubious situation.

Dealers are not stupid and they talk to each other.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The risk of embarrassment is high. It could also affect future dealings with the dealer when you have a legitimate issue.

Earlier this week we had a chap who claimed clutch and pumpkin damage due to a collision. Another dubious situation.
I have said this over and over during my claims handling career. “Don’t ruin your credibility with me during your claims. I will not trust anything you tell me later that could be true and related to the claims.”

Pretty much I would be lied to from 5 to 8 times a week. Do the math and see why I am jaded about people.🤬. I’m 🤮 with people!

Reactions: RichMac and pbethel

·
Registered
2019, Nissan Frontier SV 4x4, Arctic Blue.
840 Posts
Pretty much I would be lied to from 5 to 8 times a week. Do the math and see why I am jaded about people.🤬. I’m 🤮 with people!
I think you are in need of a good and well deserved vacation. I recommend something far away from people.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I’m counting my blessings since retiring in December. I don’t envy my coworkers or anyone in the insurance claims industry since the re-opening after the pandemic. People, get a grip on yourself! We are still human trying to live the American dream. But now more than ever people think that they are entitled. WTF. And this time I don’t mean “Why The Face”!

Reactions: Celt and jpswain4

·
Registered
2016 Frontier S Crew Cab 4WD 6cyl Short bed
143 Posts
But now more than ever people think that they are entitled
To be fair, many insurance companies have a well-deserved reputation for low-balling on claims.
I feel bad for the insurance companies.

It's those dozens of bad ones giving the few good ones a bad name.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for your feedback and feelings.

Con schemes costs companies billions of dollars in a year. Who does this hurt? If you have been living here in America in the past few months you have been held hostage by cyber piracy. Add consumer fraud, and yes a simple lie to the insurance adjuster, compiles extra costs to doing business and those costs are passed on to their customers.

But what’s the harm in asking? To quote...

I personally don’t like paying $.50 a gallon more for gas because of Russian hackers. I personally don’t like paying $1.50 more for a pound for steaks because of Russian hackers. I don’t like paying $120.00 more a year for my car insurance because people have no scruples or morals and feel it’s OK to pass on bs stories about known prior damage or mechanical failure into their claims. But after all, it’s a victimless CRIME, right? Yes the last time I checked, insurance fraud is a felony.

Reactions: DanB2019

·
Registered
222 Posts
i have owned 4 Frontiers since 1999... and have wheeled everyone very hard. never came close to this..I have launched these truck 4 feet in the air, over rocks, down waterfalls lol. what were you doing when this happened? there is no way your frame flexed that much and sprung back to straight. I would suspect some bed mounts have broke and allowed just the bed to contact. but i am very curious what you were doing when this happened? and if you have inspected the the bed for mount damage or any other signs of why this happened

1 - 20 of 30 Posts