Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi sorry if it has already been posted but I did a search and came up with nothing but then again I'm comp illeterate.
So I am looking to paint my rims but I am not sure as to what to do for the prep work or the best way to go about it.

Black will be the color
can someone let me how to prep for paint?
Whats the best paint to use?
How fast does it dry?

I think I cover the basics on my qustions, I dont have any spares so I would probably have to them 2 at a time.

Please let me know because a certian tireshop messed them up when changing my tires about 3 months ago but like a dumb arse I just noticed now... I suck!

thanks any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
146 Posts
How have yours held up Jordo? Any chipping or peeling?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
How have yours held up Jordo? Any chipping or peeling?
Did mine 11 months ago, and they look 97% perfect. Now I should add I haven't thrashed them at all. Just street and lite off road. All of the damage to my paint came from sockets, taking off the lug nuts. Scratched the paint in the lug nut hole. But ever where else, it's 100%!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Jordo nice paint job Jordo metals good deal. were your step the same as the sticky that is on here?

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I used the sticky on this site when I painted mine. It took me a couple days but I could have easily gotten them done in a Saturday. I used rustoleum textured finish black spray paint and they turned out really good. I like this paint because even if you mess up a couple spots you cannot tell after it dries. My wheels had some deep scratches in them before I painted from rocks and such but you have to know exactly where they are to be able to see them.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks peewee I am going try and get er done hopefully next weekend as its raining cats and dogs out here....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Did mine 11 months ago, and they look 97% perfect. Now I should add I haven't thrashed them at all. Just street and lite off road. All of the damage to my paint came from sockets, taking off the lug nuts. Scratched the paint in the lug nut hole. But ever where else, it's 100%!
what about washing them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts