Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to post my very poor experience at Kraft Nissan and I'll make it short and provide additional details as requested since it would take forever to go over the nightmarish details. In short found a set of tires I wanted and Kraft agreed to price match. Only they didn't price match, instead of the $203.50 per tire they charged me $208 per tire. They gave me a price out the door with tax, shop fees and the included alignment which I requested of $1,026.

Dropped the truck off, took them 3 hours but during that time I received a SMS notification indicating I needed a bunch of stuff. As I checked the site it kept changing! It was essentially another $1,100+ worth of service that included battery terminals and mounting, brake fluid exchange, front & rear differential service, power steering fluid, minor induction service, transfer case & 4WD service FT DIFF, REAR DIFF, Transfer Case Drain/Fill (89064*2, #8800). I'm assuming the numbers are their part numbers, no idea. They even had a Tire inspection fee at one point which made no sense because I was there for new tires?

I don't know anything about the other items but it seems redundant to me to charge me for the 4WD service listed above then charge me $110 per diff to check (not service) and the transfer case stuff. Again I don't know but I didn't trust them as far as I could throw them. I mean don't they check the transfer case and both diffs when they service them for the $174? Why charge me another $330 (both diffs and the transfer case not listed on this one)?

As if the $1k they were getting out of me wasn't enough they wanted another $1k worth of service. When I called them on it they apologized and indicated it wasn't as critical as indicated in the message which I'll try to attach since I took a picture. As I stated items were added and removed as I checked on them.

When I went to pay instead of being $1,026 the final bill was $1,166 and change. We argued about it for a while and I eventually paid swearing never to return. They also didn't fix my in-cabin air filter which they broke during my 35k or 40k maintenance which I've asked every time they fix and haven't. I will never go back to them, which is a shame I was going to buy my daughter a maxima for graduation this year, if I do it certainly won't be with Kraft. The front-line folks are good, but after that it's all down hill.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think I understand how you feel, but whenever you go somewhere that has a "multi-point" inspection, you just have to be prepared to decline a bunch of stuff they try to up-sell you, even stuff that makes no sense. That's true even if you go to Jimbo's Quick Lube or whatever. I know it's annoying, but you should be expecting it, honestly, it's just standard practice now. I get the annoyance about the final price being different from an agreed out-the-door price- personally I would not have paid it (assuming you had the out-the-door price in writing?). But, as The Other Sean says, it doesn't really sound nightmarish, just par for the course when dealing with any company these days.

·
Registered
860 Posts
That sounds like a pretty reasonable price to me.
I recently got a quote from the local Minneapolis area dealer for all the fluid changes you mentioned and it was more $.$$.

I am still debating if I want to do it myself and lay underneath my truck an entire Saturday and possibly part of a Sunday or bring it to the dealership or a 3rd party shop to do it.

Also those fluids are not cheap.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm inclined to agree on this.
Like I said didn't give all the details. When I pulled out my maintenance log a lot of the work had been done previously. Anytime someone quotes me a price and it's more than quoted by $140+ I tend to get upset.

If my wife had gone she would have paid the additional $1k because she wouldn't have know better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Like I said didn't give all the details. When I pulled out my maintenance log a lot of the work had been done previously. Anytime someone quotes me a price and it's more than quoted by $140+ I tend to get upset.

If my wife had gone she would have paid the additional $1k because she wouldn't have know better.

Still not really seeing the issue- you're upset that you had to decline the up-sell maintenance stuff because your wife might theoretically have not been savvy enough to turn it down? Being a little annoyed about the extra hundred and having to argue with them about it...well I get that, but it's hardly nightmarish. I have had to haggle much bigger items than that with a service department without getting upset about it. They didn't cheat you, or go ahead and do work you didn't approve, or damage your vehicle or...

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts

Had this dealer done the maintenance that is listed in your log or is this information only you had? This request is tripped by mileage and they are requesting it of EVERY vehicle that comes in the door. In fact, the shop my wife takes her car to which is a well trusted, honest shop recommends various fluid services nearly every time she goes in. She politely declines, tells them to put the estimate on the invoice and her husband will look at it.

Also... (I'm sure I'm your favorite person here) by law, most states allow the cost of a repair bill to be up to 10% different before they need to inform you. $1000 repair, $100, yup... 10%..... it's usually on the fine print on the repair order you sign when you hand over the keys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts