Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for somebody to black out my headlights.
Im located in So Cal and can drive out to you..

PM me if you can do it, I live in the 90745

Id do it myself but im too scared to.

·
Registered
644 Posts
You might want to buy an extra set just in case they get messed up or the person needs a full day, or more, to finish the project. It takes a while...maybe 30-60 min to get the headlights out, then at least 4-6 hours to pull apart, mask off, paint multiple coats, let dry, and then re-assemble them. I did mine over the course of 2 days to make sure the paint was dry and the headlights were re-sealed properly.

Also, while taping up the housings for painting, the thin chrome coating on the inside of the housing can easily peel off with the tape. My 2008 headlights had no problems, but on a set of weathered 2006 headlights, the chrome flaked right off and ruined the inner frame/housing. I'm just bringing this up because i'm assuming your headlights see a lot of sun down in SoCal.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Like BlackOut said, be careful with any chrome that you aren't planning on painting it is fragile.

Getting the lights apart isn't hard, it just takes time. I spent about an hour on each light the first time.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bump

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.