Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want one of those bed tents that Nissan sells for our trucks. I'm not really sure what they are worth and whatnot but if one of you has one that you are looking to get rid of, let me know.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
You could always buy one brand new for about $200.00.

Nissan Bed Tent

Not sure what they would be used. It also has a awning that you can't see.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was hoping to get one a bit cheaper; hopefully used

·
Registered
470 Posts
We got one, they are great, fit perfect and awning too. Comfy for wife me and muttly. Well worth the $200, good luck on you search you'll like the tent.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
either of you that have one, what did you get to sleep on, i know that there are some air mattresses that are form fitted for truck beds but wasn't sure if they make one for ours. are there any nice features of the tent that you can't see in pics. i've seen the awning but is there anything else

·
Registered
470 Posts
When I bought the tent for my 07, they sold a pad for the truck with wheel wheel cut outs. We use a moving pad in bed under tent and those camping self inflating pads. It has a Rainfly just like a good camping tent, sreens and zipped windows and door, stash pockets. The awning will long tent pole to ground or you can run the poles to rings on tent at tailgate. The genuine Nissan Tent was very well made in 07, can't say about new ones, nice small bag when stowed. All the fiberglass poles are color code.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
thanks for the info i've been very interested in getting one of these too

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Sounds good. I'll have to check Ebay to see if I can find one there

Oh yeah. I had another question. I have a Crew Cab with the long bed. I assume I'd be looking for a King Cab bed tent?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts

Oh yeah. I had another question. I have a Crew Cab with the long bed. I assume I'd be looking for a King Cab bed tent?
i would think your correct since my bed (i'm king cab) and your bed are the same. crew cab short bed tent would be small lol

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had another question for you guys. I have a roll-n-lock cover on my bed. Do you think it would greatly interfere with the bed tent?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts

i would think your correct since my bed (i'm king cab) and your bed are the same. crew cab short bed tent would be small lol

·
Registered
974 Posts
When I bought the tent for my 07, they sold a pad for the truck with wheel wheel cut outs. We use a moving pad in bed under tent and those camping self inflating pads. It has a Rainfly just like a good camping tent, sreens and zipped windows and door, stash pockets. The awning will long tent pole to ground or you can run the poles to rings on tent at tailgate. The genuine Nissan Tent was very well made in 07, can't say about new ones, nice small bag when stowed. All the fiberglass poles are color code.
Would you let me know what size of bed your truck is? I've been wanting to get one for my CC shortbed, but I don't know if it's too small. Pictures would be great.

Thanks,

·
Registered
470 Posts
Long bed only

Although I think they make a Crew Cab, it would be too short. Don't have pic's, but they have them on Nissan parts sites. Just lay in your bed and leave the tail gate up, thats what you'll have, with a high crouch down the center head clearance. I'm 5'11" and had no problem.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I had another question for you guys. I have a roll-n-lock cover on my bed. Do you think it would greatly interfere with the bed tent?
Probably not, the tent is flexible. That tent from the Nismo shop also has a big awning that come with it too, so a shaded area you could put a lawn chair by your tailgate and chill... I think its worth the 200, let us know what you find on Ebay though! A guy and his lady friend on this site used it in Texas for a few days, rained the whole time, and no issues, so it seems to be good quality.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a twin sized air mattress that fit perfectly in the bed of my '98 extended cab. Now that I have a toolbox it still works but I have to put the tailgate down. I just wedged a large tarp in the bumper and stretched it to the roof and closes the doors on it and that kept the moisture off of me, although I think you want something a little more legit haha.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts