Nissan Frontier Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
I saw one person mention removing the transfer case. Is this necessary or can I remove it with the transmission as one unit?
You don't have to... But I would. Makes it longer and heavier leaving on. But if you have a nice tranny jack, you probably don't really need to. It's easy to remove anyways. Pic is of an AT.

Gas Art Machine Auto part Wood

• Helpful
Reactions: Lobo1625

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Has anyone tried to drop the trans without taking all that exhaust off?
I don't think anybody has been successful skipping the exhaust. There is a list of about 20 items to remove the transmission. I'm pretty sure you will need to do at least about 19 of them. I would just follow the FSM guidance. The only thing I've seen people skip is removing the crossmember right under the bellhousing but I'd remove it as well as it gets in the way and will only cause more hassle than the easy process to remove it.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Dang, was hoping I wouldn't have to fight those exhaust bolts
Lots and lots of PB Blaster, marinate it for a few days and hopefully they spin right off. An impact air gun would be useful too, if you have a compressor. I love mine.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Of course, I had an AT, but I dont remember pulling exhaust. If I did, it would have most likely just been the cats. What I do remember most was the amount of extensions required to reach the top bolts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Of course, I had an AT, but I dont remember pulling exhaust. If I did, it would have most likely just been the cats. What I do remember most was the amount of extensions required to reach the top bolts.
Between me and my buddy hopefully we will have enough. I also have a 1in body lift so that may help for clearance in a couple places

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
True. Some do this as well 😂😂😂

I remember watching this one before. That's gonna be expensive. Oooooops LOL
I'm sure he wasn't laughing though.

• Haha
Reactions: davedibbs

·
Registered
357 Posts
Between me and my buddy hopefully we will have enough. I also have a 1in body lift so that may help for clearance in a couple places
I think y'all will be fine. It really should go pretty quick if that's all y'all do. I often get side tracked with loads of other things I tell myself that it would be easier to do now...

41 - 50 of 50 Posts