Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of or used this company yet?
There was some discussion on the frontier Facebook group that they might be affiliated with TAG/KMA/whatever else they went by.

Their bumpers seem to look good and have good pricing.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
I saw some chatter on the book of faces last night. Claims of someone bought out TAG or whatever their name is/was and is operating in the same building or with their old equipment. or, same crew, new owner, or same circus....

Who knows, I'm not risking any of my money.

·
Registered
532 Posts
What were the issues with TAG?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,042 Posts
i had one of their rear bumpers a long time ago before they fully started stealing money from people and it took forever and the quality was pretty ****.

they look neat in the pictures, but not worth it imo

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I am normally not THAT GUY but the subject of KMA/TAG/WAM has been discussed many times here. If you do a search you will find a lot of threads on this subject.

IMHO, if price is more important than design, fit, finish, quality and customer service then go for it! I'm sure it will work out for you......

In short, WAM is the SAME Co. in the SAME building at the SAME address and seems to change it's name every so often. Why would they do that? I don't know for sure but getting away from the bad press on the previous iteration of the Co. is likely.

Good Luck!

Reactions: TXNAF

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
If you need a bumper you're safest with Shrock, Hefty, eolivas, (or purchase his plans and take them to a local fab)

Reactions: TXNAF

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I am normally not THAT GUY but the subject of KMA/TAG/WAM has been discussed many times here. If you do a search you will find a lot of threads on this subject.

IMHO, if price is more important than design, fit, finish, quality and customer service then go for it! I'm sure it will work out for you......

In short, WAM is the SAME Co. in the SAME building at the SAME address and seems to change it's name every so often. Why would they do that? I don't know for sure but getting away from the bad press on the previous iteration of the Co. is likely.

Good Luck!
Brian I apologize, but when searched this was the only post I found via Tapatalk.

There have been multiple people saying that they are new owners and new employees.

Just wondering if this is a viable option for everyone.

I have contacted shrockworks when they did my front bumper about doing a swing out and they told me they wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I looked at their Facebook page a couple weeks ago. One of the first posts stated that they were a new company with a new owner. The products they are making look (at least from the pictures I've seen) a hell of a lot better than TAG. Not sure if I'd throw money at them this early in their existence till I've talked to someone who bought their products. BCBrian does have a point though.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Brian I apologize, but when searched this was the only post I found via Tapatalk.

There have been multiple people saying that they are new owners and new employees.

Just wondering if this is a viable option for everyone.

I have contacted shrockworks when they did my front bumper about doing a swing out and they told me they wouldn't do it.

No need to apologize, I have read so many threads on the TAG bumpers over the years that I just wanted to try and warn you. If they are new employees, with better skills than the previous guys, they might be fine. I would be cautious due to the previous employees poor workmanship and maybe even visit them before ordering.

Do you really need a tire carrier? Look into a custom bumper from a reputable builder in your area. Something with wrap around bed protection.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dealt with tag firsthand before buying my shrockworks bumper, never had any issues, but after reading the reviews I was steered away.

I was just hoping someone with more knowledge of the original company could shed some light on WAM to vet them.

Do I need a tire carrier, not really haha. I've just been jealous of the versatility of my friends taco, that has a fancy pelfreybilt with swing out.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
So, is their tooling such that they can only cut 3 letters into the bumpers? They would have had a better chance of not being said to just being TAG re-branded if they had come up with a company name that wasn't reduced to a 3 letter anagram.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So, is their tooling such that they can only cut 3 letters into the bumpers? They would have had a better chance of not being said to just being TAG re-branded if they had come up with a company name that wasn't reduced to a 3 letter anagram.

Technically it's 4: WAM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Update: WAM! has been very responsive. TAG went out of business so Graham Spray Design bought their design. They have been very open to tweaking the design for better approach angles; I'm officially the guinea pig. Fortunately, they are only 45 minutes from me.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Good luck, post pics when your bumper arrives and is installed!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Update: I placed my order last week after working with the fabricator to adjust their design. Should pick it up in a week or two.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Huh! Small world, my daughter and son-in-law live in Douglasville.

I'm still deciding whether I want to bedline my OEM bumper or go
with an aftermarket, I'll have to check them out when I'm up there.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
As an owner of a Craigslist find TAG bumper, I don't really understand all the hate. They cost about half as much as shrockworks so obviously it's not going to be at the same level of quality. Nor do they look as good. Speaking as a certified welder, some of the beads are not pretty..... but they are structurally sound and not in a place anyone would see them. They're much more function over form.

I may be biased though, seeing as I got mine for less than half price and all it needed was a few coats of bedliner. It also saved my truck when I hit a deer at 75 mph and the only damage was a cracked headlight and a dent in the door.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 89 Posts