Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in law is a big Chevy fan. We were hitting the block the other night and he said my truck was weak. I laughed and punched it on grass..spun through first in half a truck length. Told him that 1st gear went to 40 mph, he did not believe, did it again, still skeptical. Went to the highway, powerbraked to 2000 rpms, ripped through first almost as fast as on grass.

He quickly apologized and recognized the "jap truck" as badass. FTMFW.

:goodjob:

·
Registered
872 Posts
You damn straight they're mean.

·
Registered
409 Posts
haha.... good stuff. i did the same to a co-worker big chevy man lit his 5.3 silverado up!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Having just come out of a Silverado 2500HD with a 6.0, I can say that this Frontier would run circles around it speed wise. Now hook 6,000 pounds to the it, and it is a different story, but they each have a purpose. Plus, getting 23 mpg vs the 11 I got with the Silverado is great!

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
nice work man

·
Registered
232 Posts
spreadin the word..... all VQ motors are where its at

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Yes they are the new kid on the block but without the boy band

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
recently outwheeled a buddies Z71 through the mud. I looked back and had to recover him. I made him kiss my tailgate before I would strap him out. :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yea, need to start spreading the word to the Tacoma folks too. My buddy stopped by the other day saw my truck and made the usually comments of "nice girls truck".

Everything comes back to "thats because its a Toyota..." Course doesnt really mean much as a few years back he owned a Jeep and was always bagging on Toyotas, go figure.

Maybe he's a little bent because he paid $28k for an 08 king cab SR5 4x4 ($1k of that was for lowjack, told him thats what insurance is for) and I paid $22,4 for an 09 Frontier crew cab 4x4.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
recently outwheeled a buddies Z71 through the mud. I looked back and had to recover him. I made him kiss my tailgate before I would strap him out. :)
Did you happen to get pics of him kissing your tailgate.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yea, need to start spreading the word to the Tacoma folks too. My buddy stopped by the other day saw my truck and made the usually comments of "nice girls truck".

Everything comes back to "thats because its a Toyota..." Course doesnt really mean much as a few years back he owned a Jeep and was always bagging on Toyotas, go figure.

Maybe he's a little bent because he paid $28k for an 08 king cab SR5 4x4 ($1k of that was for lowjack, told him thats what insurance is for) and I paid $22,4 for an 09 Frontier crew cab 4x4.
$22,400 for a crew 4x4?? :crikey:
new? thats almost worth a drive to oregon...

·
Registered
409 Posts

where i live there more girls that drive tacomas....lol

·
Registered
831 Posts
same here, there's a girl down the street that has more money put into the suspension on that tacoma than the truck itself...

holy sweet truck but gosh DAMMIT I know it never goes off road except down the dirt roads out of town to the desert parties.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Got curious reading the first post, is powerbraking bad on the tranny?
bad if you do it for to long, thats when you start building alot of heat in the torque converter and stuff starts to break

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Same deal when i lived in Deland Fl. Some hot and i mean really good looking hispanic chick drove a Fabtech 6" Tacoma on 35's. I was like darn but she did give me some smiles when i drove buy with my lifted frontier on the Coopers. But still whats up with chicks hot chicks having no sense. I can understand at the time the local Toyota dealer was having some good deals on their lifted tacoma's & tundra's. I mean on you could get a tacoma & a Grizzly ATV for one single payment which was on the truck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts