Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone used or heard about the vortec cyclone? it is suppose to give more hoursepower and better gas mileage. it cost about 40 bucks with free shipping. sounds pretty kool. any feed back would be great..
thanks,
Patrick

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
it dose that by lighting your wallet.

its snake oil. anything in the path of the intake will cut down on power plain and simple. also the intake tubes are longer and go into runners any venturi effect they claim is BS because by the time it reaches the runners its moving at the same speed and pressure it started at. an air box mod, and tb mesh removal will do more then that will.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
it adds about 50 horsepower and about 60 ft lbs of torque at the rear wheels. i installed mine and i couldn't keep tread on the back tires from all the unintentional burnouts i was doing feathering the throttle.

don't waste money on a throttle body spacer, vortec, tornado, or a "performance" chip for the first gen frontier.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
haha, i used to have a tornado, i know i was dumb but desperate for better mpg. what a waste of money, all it is, is a stupid piece of metal blockin air flow. when there is a product called a vortech, tornado, fuel saver, or performance chip for 40 bucks, stay away, nothing but useless crap.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Give me the fourty bucks, Ill go by a lighter you can light your farts with, it'll be like a jet engine! And just as effective as the widgit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Give me the fourty bucks, Ill go by a lighter you can light your farts with, it'll be like a jet engine! And just as effective as the widgit.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh:
:fantastic:

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
its a secondary mesh screen filter that can be seen if you unbolt the intake tube from the airbox on the 1st gen. gains are debatable. :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts