Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hash, hash, and rehash, I know.

I spoke w/ Volant tech support today about Powercore throwing a code every 200 miles after each negative battery cable pull. I referenced the problems everyone is having with the powercore. They said they knew about it and had dealt with a few of forum members who came in looking for a solution. Daniel (tech support - seems like I get him every time I call) indicated that the solution is 1) disconnecting the battery cable during the install and leaving off overnight 2) making sure the neoprene MAF gasket is seated properly and the factory rubber gasket has been removed. He said they would not replace with the 30k mile filter if it continued to throw the code.

I had to take the thing off in order to pass inspection in NC, so it's just taking up shop space. I'm about to take off across country to CO towing a pop-up and sure could use a few extra horses and/or a few extra mpg. Just don't want the codes and the crazy idling/surging when coming to a stop that pops up right before the SES light appears.

Any of you forum chaps who visited with Volant about this have any input? Did they actually solve your problem or are they in complete denial about the Powercore? Will the 30k filter solve my problem?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I know I've never had any codes with their regular filter. I've had it about 25K and have cleaned it once so far. It's still doing just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Some trucks it runs fine, some trucks it doesn't. There is no apparent rhyme or reason to it other than the Powercore flows more air than the computer can adjust for. Even installed dead on correct the thing can throw a code. The oiled filter would solve your issue. You can also run an AEM dry filter if you don't want to mess around with the oiled ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts