Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking for the thread with the step by step install of the volant intake but i haven't had any luck finding it .... i just put mine in but im wondering where people put the horn? i dont have my horn connected right now ..... so if u could get me that link or a pic of where people re-located their horn to? thanks guys

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Heres what I did. I bought a 5" T bracket from home depot. Took both horns off the little metal mount they were on and bolted them to the bracket. I then drilled two holes in the vertical support in front of the radiator under the hood latch and bolted the new bracket with horns to it. Extended the factory wires by about a foot and a half and I was done, took maybe an hour to do. Looks like it should be there and the horns are twice as loud now.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bro ..... i was thinking we would have to extend the factory wires to mount it somewhere else .... thanks again ...

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I mounted one horn just at a different angle, but the second one I also used a L bracket to reposition better. I didn't have to extend the wires though, becuase I only moced them a few inches.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My Advice Is Dont Install A Volant Cold Air Intake... I Installed One And Took It Off 4 Weeks Later.. Now I Have A 300 Dollar Cold Air Intake Collecting Dust In My Garage..

The Intake Will Start Throwing "System 2 Lean" Codes A Few Weeks After Install, Your Truck Will Feel Bogged Down And Your Stop To Go Acceleration Will Decrease..

The Intake However Sounds Great.. Creating A Nice Roar To The Engine But I Found The Acceleration Is Much Much More Responsive Without The Intake, I Had The Intake On And Ended Up Burning My O2 Sensor And Having To Get It Replaced..

My Opinion Tho..

Urban

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
really bro .... i havent had anybody else say anythin like that .... do u think it was a manufatures problem or is volant just a bad CAI. sorry to hear that bro ... i feel some more top end speed .... especially on the freeway ... but i dont need those others problems as well though .... i'll keep an eye out for that ...

·
Registered
321 Posts
i just extended the wires use the braket the horns come with and bolted it up the support in front of the radiator, it already has holes in it, so just put a small bolt thru it. very similar to how the titans have their horns. simple.

also i have had no issues with my intake, my truck runs great and sounds great, not running lean ive checked with the consult, but i have seen this issue on some titans with an AFE intake(the reason i checked mine).

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
i've put over 40,000 miles on my Volant intake and it runs great. i mounted my horns on a flat bracket and just tucked them under the headlight.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I had mine on for over a year but only put maybe5,000 miles on it before I sold it to Lance. I'm thinking the problems you are having ard due to an over oiled air filter. I'm surprised it did anything to an O2 sensor. You sure it didn't take out the map sensor instead?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts