Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like the general consensus around here is that the Volant CIA is the best one made for the Frontier (correct me if I'm wrong).

On their website, they list two models for the Frontier, the 01-04 model and 05-07 model.

Two questions:
1. Does the 05-07 model work on 08 and newer Frontiers?
2. Does anyone know if it would work on an Equator? I know mechanically the truck is the same, but it looks like the intake goes towards the front drivers side and since the front has been redesigned some I wasn't sure.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Volant has been deemed the best by a lot. Its a combo of the power, sounds and the closed box that wins it for most. I believe a couple of 08 guys have installed it and maybe an 09. Most of the changes are in the body panels but not the engine bay. Your only issue may be the intake horn, you may have to slightly trim it to fit.

If you decide upon ordering one, shop around and I am sure you can get a good price. Then make sure you fully align the holes before bolting it to the frame. I managed to strip one so I have to re-tap and get a new bolt. Most have had to enlarge the holes a bit to make it all align, I guess I just didn't open the holes enough.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
When I installed my Volant I had to enlarge the mounting holes in the box, but then all lined up just fine. I did remove it after a short time as I could not tell the difference in sound and I do not drive mine very hard.

I had a cold air intake on my Miata and it had a lovely sound to it. Others say they can hear the difference in the Volant, but with my hearing like it is I could not.

OkieScot

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Volant is a great CAI. My holes lined up just fine on mine. Just make sure you start all the bolts before tightening any of them. I did however have to reposition my horns and the ram air doesn't work as well on newer frontiers. I had to point mine mostly down, but it should still be drawing in cool air, just no ram air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts