Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As was expected after I did the roof mounted LED light bar the glare off the hood was intense. So as a result I figured I'd have the hood vinyl wrapped in a matte black to cut down on the glare. I'm really pleased with how it came out and with the truck being the night armor colour it's a nice subtle change. Now time to work on some graphics for the sides of the hood :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Looks very nice

·
Registered
49 Posts
... the glare off the hood was intense. ... I'd have the hood vinyl wrapped in a matte black to cut down on the glare. ...
That looks great.
Most people just do the raised center section of the hood.
After I get the holes drilled for mounting hood vents I am going to do the same as you did.
Thanks for posting the pictures.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
As was expected after I did the roof mounted LED light bar the glare off the hood was intense. So as a result I figured I'd have the hood vinyl wrapped in a matte black to cut down on the glare. I'm really pleased with how it came out and with the truck being the night armor colour it's a nice subtle change. Now time to work on some graphics for the sides of the hood :)
curious how much did the wrap run u? you go to a shop or did it yourself? looks great!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I wanted to get mine wrapped... they wanted like $190. to
do it. I took it to a shop that does bed liners and got it
done for $80., looks good and is more resistant to chips
and scratching.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,097 Posts
I completely understand the purpose... and if that fixes your issue, then job's done. Easy fix.

But am I the only one who thinks it now just looks like an unpainted, primered hood?

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Looks good, but I agree with raine. never likes the mate look.

I need to get this done also, I have some clear coat coming off in a few areas. I'm going to get mine gloss black to match my paint though. A guy here in town wants $150.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts