Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never even thought about Philly picking him up. In a friendly little wager at work I had him going to San Francisco. Just curious as to what everyone thinks.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
The first injury McNabb suffers this year, will be his last as an Eagle.

Philly fans can care less about the morality of Vick's dog fighting past. They want a winner.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
The first injury McNabb suffers this year, will be his last as an Eagle.

Philly fans can care less about the morality of Vick's dog fighting past. They want a winner.
We have talked about this over at Titantalk and even though its a fun debate. Id rather have no conversations on the mans prior legal matters. Because i would love to see this thread stay open. For what you said i applaud you.

Now as for a winner. I dont know if thats a completely true statement because as soon as Vick left the Falcons. They came back a swinging. Its like a huge brick was lifted off their shoudlers. So im interested in seeing if Vick is going to put moeny where his mouth is & his skills where they should be.

·
Registered
409 Posts
i say screw Vick he should never be allowed to play pro football.... thats just me im more of college football, dont care much for pro, but i respect you guys talking just on the football side not his past issues.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
well imo.... Vicks an athelete and an amazing one at that. He's rusty right now and needed a good home. From what i hear, Philly is actually a huge dog fighting city, so i guess they figured there would be less local sales lost if vick joined the eagles.

For anyone that says Vick should never play again.... first, eat a big one...haha... second, Donte Stallworth just killed someone in a car accident. He got 30 days in jail where Vick got 2 years for SPONSERING dog fighting but never could be linked to actually killing one.

So what the court system says is a human life is not worth as much as a dogs life when it comes to football players???? Retarded....

Again I think Vick is a piece of crap human.... but that doesnt mean he shouldnt get a second chance. Let him play

·
Registered
409 Posts
yes a POS of a human!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
They are fighting dogs not running people over while drunk like stallworth.Stallworth does 30 days for murder while drunk Vick does 2 yrs for fighting dogs You people are screwed up thinking he is that bad.The man took it on the chin and did his time.They are pitbulls anyway.Most people wouldnt even let a pit in their house.

·
Registered
232 Posts
HIDE YOUR BEAGLE, VICKS AN EAGLE!! haha just kidding, i think once the season starts it will all blow over and we can get to watchin some good football

·
Registered
367 Posts
Vick messed up thats not a lie What about the money was made on having dogs fights or deaths. Can we say defense lawyer. If this ever happened to working joe blow he would of been set in jail atleast 10yrs Money from dead dogs saved Vick hell half of his wages should go to dog shelters.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I personally think the league should have told him to pound sand and earn a living with his degree. They didn't. For those who want to dwell on his past activities, Have you never done something illegal? Parking tix, speeding, smoked a little pot once in H.S.? Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. Now back to the OP's question- if they win it was a great move, another post season loss is Andy's demise. I'm a Steelers fan anyway....

·
Registered
579 Posts
I never even thought about Philly picking him up. In a friendly little wager at work I had him going to San Francisco. Just curious as to what everyone thinks.
It's becuase McNabb and Vick are good friends. McNabb went to the coaches and convinced them to pick him up. I was hoping he would go to Seattle, and get rid of Ole' Matt Hasselbeck.

They are fighting dogs not running people over while drunk like stallworth.Stallworth does 30 days for murder while drunk Vick does 2 yrs for fighting dogs You people are screwed up thinking he is that bad.The man took it on the chin and did his time.They are pitbulls anyway.Most people wouldnt even let a pit in their house.
The investigation found that Stallworth would have hit the guy even if he was sober, the guy jumped out. It's the principal of the matter though, he shouldn't have been driving in the first place.

I personally think the league should have told him to pound sand and earn a living with his degree. They didn't. For those who want to dwell on his past activities, Have you never done something illegal? Parking tix, speeding, smoked a little pot once in H.S.? Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. Now back to the OP's question- if they win it was a great move, another post season loss is Andy's demise. I'm a Steelers fan anyway....
I don't understand what you are saying, you say you don't want him to be let back in the league, but you don't want to dwell??? If you don't dwell on the past there is no reason not to reinstate him.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So much for trying to stay on the football side of this, lol.........

HIDE YOUR BEAGLE, VICKS AN EAGLE!!
Living about an hour from Philly I am hearing this everywhere I go.

I'm a Steelers fan anyway....
Being a Ravens fan I am very sorry to hear that and wish you the best of luck!!

It's becuase McNabb and Vick are good friends. McNabb went to the coaches and convinced them to pick him up. I was hoping he would go to Seattle, and get rid of Ole' Matt Hasselbeck.
I'm not so sure I believe too much from McNabb anymore. I remember how glad he was to have T.O. in camp.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My feeling he shouldn't have been let back in is from the fact that like it or not he is a role model for kids. Having been involved in dog fighting doesn't send a positive message. I won't dwell on it because he did his time in prison.

Back to football!!!! Ravens/Steelers are some of the best games every year. Love the old school, smashmouth mentality they play each other with.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
You know me and the OP both agree this thread would be nice without the legal drama from Vicks past being brought up. People just need to cool down and stop.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts